Where is the most beautiful place you've visited?

I have had a short holiday in the Northern Cape. Each Spring the arid area bursts into bloom.

It’s truly magnificent and a sight to behold. I adore flowers and this was a bucket list item. I’ll share more pics and some videos when I’m home again which should be this Sunday!

3 Likes

I think that’s what they call a Pigs-Root here.They are everywhere and classed as an invasive weed.I don’t care if their weeds or not,they are very colourful.SA plants seem to do well here. :grinning:

1 Like

Some years ago, we toured Canada and ended up on Sulphur Mountain, Banff. The weather in Banff was really miserable, but when we got to the top of the mountain, we passed through the cloud line and weather and caught an amazing view.

2 Likes

Some fantastic images on this thread. We really have a beautiful world.
I couldn’t say what my most favourite is, but agree with Croatia. On our cruise we left Dubrovnik to a place up the road and over to sea was just fabulous.

Durdle Door for the UK.
The mountains of Austria and Switzerland.
Germany was lovely, the Black Forest.

1 Like

I have been lucky to travel to many countries .
However not so beautiful in a gorgeous sort of way but dramatic and inspiring the Lake District holds a big place in my heart .

1 Like

I’ll confirm the plant names when I’m home again. But I won’t try pronouncing them :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan -

[

Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan: Your Essential 2023 Guide

](Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan: Your Essential 2023 Guide - Spiritual Travels)

1 Like

Too many to choose but I’ll offer one.
We visited Charleston, South Carolina and had a top floor room in a new hotel with a window that overlooked a bay.
In the morning, the sunrise woke us and the view of the sun over the water was exquisite, and this was with the Ravenal bridge in the picture as well . Gorgeous.

1 Like

The Malvern Hills,

2 Likes

I have lived in Scotland all my life, first on Mull then on the Mainland in Perth and now I spend most of my time at my partners farm on the North Coast. I never cease to wonder at the beauty along this top road, especially at about the halfway point, a place called “The Kyle of Tongue” I make it my stopping place when I drive over to Durness, I take my (one mug) flask of coffee and after a wee wander with the dog beside the water, I sit and drink it there.

6 Likes

If ever a place made me want to put on my walking shoes and do that hill, that was it Logan…
If it wasn’t winter I’d be on my way tomorrow…
:+1:

1 Like

Brilliant Rox…Stand by for incommers next summer…I’m making a list…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s not very steep in places, i used to live in Worcester close by. There’s one place on one of the hills can look down to see a wood and all can hear is a cookoo.

1 Like

Love it to bits :+1:
A bit scary, no trees!

Yes, the absence of trees. North Uist, where my family lived, was the same.

1 Like

Same over the water on Orkney, about a 50 minute ferry crossing from here. Yet we have lots of trees this side of the Firth. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Wow…just love looking at other people’s photos of the beautiful places they’ve travelled to. One of my favourite beautiful spots is a small town outside of Paris Auvers Sur Oise…It’s the town where Vincent Van Gogh died and the town is an open air museum showcasing the places he painted his last works. .

1 Like

Lots of places but one was just the local stream:

2 Likes

That’s very picturesque Rox.

1 Like

I have to say the Heartland of the USA. Nothing surpasses its beauty in May thru November. I have visited most of the USA. Except New England States, Virginia, Texas and Montana. I skipped the northern part of Canada and Alaska. Had enough cold all my adult life. Everywhere I went for a couple of weeks I missed my home area and when I got back I was pleased to be content. Have no need to travel the world. Nothing there better in my daily bucket list. Been to all the mountains except the Tetons. Seen Mt. Rushmore. Rule of thumb is fly over it and enjoy a good evening at a great hotel. Haha

1 Like