Where is the most beautiful place you've visited?

I’ve lived in some beautiful places. Not counting those, I think the most beautiful place I’ve visited is Butchart Gardens in Canada. (I remembered it as Busch Gardens) I was very young so maybe my memory of it isn’t the best, but my memory of the experience was that it was a beautiful area.

Where is the most beautiful place you’ve visited?

5 Likes

The Antarctic was beautiful in its pure whiteness.
Also the gardens at Madeira for their colour

1 Like

Too many to mention, but I love Devon, Cornwall & Dorset for scenic & seascape views.

2 Likes

Ripple, you just reminded me that Alaska was beautiful also. We went to a remote area that few people go. It was in the height of summer so not too cold. I saw a beautiful eagle :eagle: flying around. It was all pristine, the water, the air, the fish and the animals.

1 Like

Hi

This

The Over 50’s Forum…Absolutely chock a block with very nice people…
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

True :wink:

3 Likes

In England Devon, abroad Cyprus.

1 Like

I’ve have to say the mountains and lakes in British Columbia. They are so beautiful.
IMG_0938
IMG_0939
IMG_0941

3 Likes

Cornwall,
I’d love to get back on the coastal path. Not to mention the history, legends, snorkeling, fishing and …ahem pubs!

getlstd-property-photo

1 Like

The Mausoleum and it’s associated gardens for Windsor Castle at Frogmore. It’s absolutely relaxing when the wind direction prevents aircraft from flying over on their way to Heathrow.
I will also add that Kew Gardens before the public are admitted at 10am is a wonderful place to be no matter what the weather. The same goes for Hampton Court too, but before the public are admitted of course :+1:

1 Like

I saw beauty in the volcano landscape of Lanzarote but maybe many wouldn’t. Perhaps not so much beautiful as impressive.

1 Like

Lagoa de Albufeira, shallow warm water, a watering hole, awesomeness.

1 Like

Here in the UK my favourite place is Devon and Cornwall.

I have a few choices for my overseas favourite place and I think Croatia takes a bit of beating … beautiful scenery there.

2 Likes

Not so much beautiful more impressive.Uluru.We first saw it on a sunny day,it looked big and red.The next day after all night rain it looked very different ,water was cascading down from it like some massive water fall.We never went up it but walked around ,it took quite a long time.

3 Likes

There are so many places in the UK so I won’t even start gushing about my opinion of the lakes (Buttermere in particular!), the Lleyn peninsula in Wales and Devon/Dorset/Cornwall. But that aside :

I loved Vis Island croatia, with Stiniva beach

On a separate visit to Dubrovnik we visited Lokrum Island where I had a photo on the Game of Thrones sword throne, it was such a beautiful location - peacocks parading next to bunny rabbits with a backdrop of stunning architecture. Just arriving there you see this from the boat

Lake Garda left a lasting impression for years - absolutely loved our holiday there and the most relaxing boat trip in the world. Would love to go to Lake como too if I get the chance.

At 18 I went to Italy for the first time in my life. We went by coach overnight and waking up to the view of mont Blanc where we had breakfast was so amazing - I can still remember the taste and smell of the delicious coffee and croissants.

Also Morskie Oko, a lake halfway up a mountain in Poland

I really loved waking up in Dana Nature reserve (Jordan) and watching the sunrise. It’s impossible to replicate a picture with all the colours of the mountains changing as the light increases. Petra is right up there too. Really spectacular. Jordan is a very special country.

4 Likes

Vancouver Island Canada

1 Like

I have been around quite a bit and have seen some beautiful places. Home for me was the farm and the hills until until I flew the coup.

3 Likes

There are a lot of beautiful places and it’s hard to pick just one. They all have different characters and are equally nice in their own way. The Lake district is another place of beauty. I have some good photographs of the area but this one of Lake Windermere is the one I’ve always liked the best. Taken at dusk after a showery day…

2 Likes

I have had a short holiday in the Northern Cape. Each Spring the arid area bursts into bloom.

It’s truly magnificent and a sight to behold. I adore flowers and this was a bucket list item. I’ll share more pics and some videos when I’m home again which should be this Sunday!

3 Likes