Where is everyone going on hols this year?

myrtle, I’ve never had a caravan holiday but hopefully that will change soon! We’ve looked at a couple of sites near Blackpool that sound promising but will go again next week to check out a couple more.
It would be really nice to do something totally different, I’ve decided I don’t want to go abroad any more, been everywhere I’ve wanted to visit and decided I wanted something different, just hope we find something that suits as I’ll be taking my cat with us!:slight_smile:

Of to Lanzagrotty in October with daughter and family and her in laws.

I often wondered about taking a cat away as you couldn’t risk letting them go outside as they would be lost in no time. Do you intend to keep your cat inside or maybe it’s an indoors cat anyway. I do feel sorry for mine when he goes to the cattery although the lady is lovely and they have heated pads to sleep on and lots of space and it’s spotless.

Hi Honey … I’m with you on that I’ve done with going abroad and I have not bothered renewing my passport.

We used to own a caravan in Prestatyn but gave it up a few years ago as the site fees became too expensive so for the past four years I have booked a caravan for the week for me, my daughter and the two grandchildren … we all love it :slight_smile:

We go back there because the beaches are lovely and we know the area very well so we feel really at home. The site we go on doesn’t have any entertainment but that’s how we like it and why pay for something you are not going to use.

There is plenty for the children to do with the beach, a massive adventure playground and a swimming baths (not the Rhyl Sun Centre :shock:) nearby. The children love it as much as their annual holiday abroad :wink:

Good luck with your search in Blackpool … I often go to the Norbreck Castle hotel on dancing breaks … next one is in December … brrrr :lol:

P.S. Anita … I think I’ll have a few days at that cattery :lol:

Anita, every holiday my cat has been in a cattery, last year we came back unexpectedly to pick her up and found her looking so miserable, the food in her bowl looked like Diarrhoea, they have always asked what we fed her on and I assumed she would be fed the same, sadly she wasn’t so never again!

She’s an indoor cat but loves to sit in the garden when the sun’s shining so there wouldn’t be a problem taking her away as she wouldn’t try to go out and would be happy to lie on the bed for most of the day, she’s a sleeping beauty:-)

probably only going away for a few days at atime (maybe home to Cornwall to see family and friends).

But that’s fine, as we’re off on a 15-week world cruise in January!

Can’t wait…

Wow Debs … that’s a lot of knickers you will need to take :lol:

Amazing holiday, love to hear about the places you will have seen afterwards.

Honey I bet your cat will love being away with you.
Mine would tend to wander off though he spends a lot more time in the garden now he’s 14. I think I would be worried that he would get lost if I took him away.
I don’t really like putting him in the cattery but I know he’s safe there at least. I Understand where you’re coming from though.

we did this back in 2012 as a retirement present to ourselves - and yes I took a lot of knickers! It was supposed to be a one-off trip but it was so amazing that we just have to.do it again while we’re still fit and healthy enough!

Sod the kids’ inheritance!

George wrote a book about our first circumnavigation (‘Around the World Without Wings’) and is intending to write another this time.

I am in Bangkok at the moment, just returned from Kanchanaburi where I visited the Bridge on the River Kwae, Hellfire Pass and a couple of war grave sites. Funnily enough have been to Thailand many time but never visited there.

On Friday I fly to Myanmar for about a week, that will be a new experience, never been before.

After that have a ticket for the train to Hat Yai when I will catch another train into Malaysia where i will spend a couple of weeks before returning to god’s own country in September.

:smiley: That sounds good BRUCE, bet you are having a good time?

That sounds like a very interesting trip, Bruce … I hope you will have some photos for us on your return :slight_smile:

I had a few lovely days in Durham in June.Will go for longer next year.

Maggie … I went to Durham and Hadrian’s Wall two years ago and last year to the Northumberland coast … Holy Island, Bamburgh, etc … wonderful :slight_smile:

Glad you enjoyed your trip up here, did you get to visit Vindolanda on the Wall ?

Hi Nom … I was on a coach trip and I think they called it the Roman Fort where we stopped off :slight_smile:

I went to Beamish Museum,it is lovely.Been there twice now.

Yes I’ve heard it is good … it’s on my list :wink: I think Carol had to miss a trip to there recently because of her broken ankle … I’m sure she’ll be popping in here and will tell all :slight_smile:

Yes I did . I was gutted about that but it’s ok now - I’ve got a new trip to Beamish booked for September. It’s a week before our meet in Manchester Myrtle so it will be a good test for my ankle.:slight_smile:

No idea where to go. We’ve been busy this year re-decorating, gardening and looking after the pigs. Elder daughter is coming home next week for a holiday, and after that we’ll get away somewhere in the motorhome. (kids back at school !!!)

Probably go to Germany in December after the pigs are in the freezers, but it’s a bit early to think about that now.

(ps. Don’t tell the pigs - it might come as a shock for them)