Where is everyone going on hols this year?

We are hoping to get to the I.O.W. same as we did last year, that is if the First World War memorial is finished in Southport.
They have been cleaning it up, last year when we got there it was covered up, and I went purposely on that holiday to see it.
My grandfathers name is on that memorial, and I would like to lay a memorial wreath there, he went down on the Hampshire back in 1916 with Lord Kitchener.

Cash is somewhat tight, so will only be able to have short breaks to and from Belfast this year. Want to go back to Russia at some point and show Jean the Winter Palace and Hermitage in St: Petersburg, and the Armoury museum inside the Kremlin in Moscow. I also want to do the river cruise (as advertised on t.v. - Viking river cruises) down the Danube to Vienna and Budapest.

Hubby, 2 dogs and me are off camping in the Peak District in 2 weeks time. Hope to get some walking in if the weather stays dry or dryish.

Having a few days in Dublin later in the year to see my family.

My son and I recently tentatively discussed going to Japan next year. He is currently sounding out a friend to see if he would stay at our flat and look after the three moggies, his dragon and my snake, otherwise their boarding costs would probably cost as much as our holiday.

Not sure yet, it all depends on where the mood takes us, it will be in the UK, and not until summer school holidays (had enough aggro when we had a fortnight away which clashed with school term) my daughter only had 3 days off in term and the head was not happy:mad2:

We love Spain so will be off to Salou in September.
This will be our last holiday as our usual family group as several of them are in bad health including my OH. And so we’d better make the most of it eh ? :wink:

Sun,sea and sangria…here we come ! Yayyyy !!:cool::lol::lol:
Just love the fountains at night… beautiful :slight_smile:

Astrolady it has been years since i have been to salou, but agree the fountains at night are a great sight.

Hope you have a great time this year.

North Wales.

Well I was not planning anything for this year, even though since being fortunate enough to find myself with a teeny nest egg I have been saying would treat myself to some seaside breaks, only never seem to get round to it. BUT my son has next week off, and although he does not want to go away (too much hassle!), he actually has just booked me five days in Porthcawl starting Monday, he will take and collect me. Seaside and sunshine and nowt to do for five days, brill.

Isn’t that just ruddy well typical? We have had glorious weather this past week or so, hence decision to go away for a few days. OK I know we should have checked first, but we didn’t, but have just checked forecast for those few days, and it is rain and more flipping rain. So have spent cash to sit in someone else’s house and watch the rain!! grrrrrrr

Plenty of ideas, but no plans. 40th. Aniversary in Sept. so we want to go somewhere then. We’ll be going to Germany in Nov/Dec to see the Christmas markets.

Not ones to plan far ahead - maybe just go Netherlands or Sweden in Sept as we can fly from Aberdeen.

In the meantime, the Grumblewagon (our Motorhome) is up and running, so hope to do a lot more UK touring his year. That’s one joy of retirement - you can go when you please.

Over to the Western Isles of the Uists, Harris and Lewis in a week or two. We have a motor home so just waiting for the weather to improve and then we’ll be off.

We’ve been 3 times before and the last time was 2 years ago. Nothing changes so not expecting to see anything new.

Malaysian Airlines advertised a cheap fare to Malaysia in my inbox yesterday which resulted in a rush of blood to the head and I booked immediately so I am going away again for three weeks in August.

I will be in Malaysia for Ramadan but I expect to go to travel somewhere else while I am there but will arrange it at the time. There are some good last minute deals or might just drive or fly into Thailand for a week or 10 days (Chiang Mai is always a great place to visit)

I don’t like August in southern Australia it is the coldest month so the best time to go somewhere else (while most of you are boiling in your 60 degrees of summer we are freezing in our 60 degrees of winter). Should be fun and it will be warm.

I’m back to Malaysia at the end of August too :slight_smile:

Bruce that’s a great joke for England 60 (15C) degrees for August. Probably will be about that as the time is going by and the heat isn’t coming here often. Enjoy yourself and have a nice trip.

I’m off to Bulgaria again next month, and then a Mediterranean cruise in the autumn.

I’m on holiday in Normandy at the moment. Weather very mixed but lots of lovely places to visit and people very friendly.

We are flying to LA then down to New Mexico-Albuquerque, then across to Arizona, then into Nevada and Vegas, can"t wait now !! :cool::cool:

I’m going to Prestatyn (North Wales) on Saturday for a week in a caravan :frowning: