Where did you move and what do you like/dislike about the area or your experience there?

We live Yorkshire now. We moved after I retired so that we could be closer to the grand kids. Before that we lived in Watford.

i moved my family to the outskirts of goodwood aerodrome to be as close to it as possible to avoid long journeys. excessive time spent travelling is time time wasted.

I moved to Yorkshire from Scotland in the early sixties, it was amazing, the complete social life was 100% improved, they had so many social clubs, i had never previously been in one, they had football…lol… at my level i mean, in Scotland you had to be able to play to get a game, in England all one required was a pulse, the entertainment in the social clubs, at one point Doncaster had 365 social clubs affiliated to the CIU… and top of the list there was work for everyone… sadly all of the above has gone, except i still have a pulse…

Interesting parallel. I grew up in Scotland, went to university then moved south. I live in Yorkshire now. I don’t know if it is just our neighbourhood but he have really lovely people here.

I moved from London to Somerset, still miss London and call it home :frowning:

1 Like

no my friend its not just your neighborhood, there are lovely people everywhere, but they rarely knock on your door, they are out there waiting for you

I agree, there are good people everywhere., And, in our case, they do knock on our door quite often. I lady a few doors down regularly comes in for a coffee and brings her little dog. The other dog is ours.

1 Like

I left London decades ago ,ten years in Brighton and now in West Sussex .

I have a deep affection for London but a day trip fairly wears me out .

A few weeks back I took my son to South Kensington, the que to get into The Natural History Museum was phenomenal.

I was told by a fella who could barely speak English that I needed to get some kind of online ticket or join the
line with the rest…a joyless experience .

Joyless indeed. I used to visit London quite often but not have done so for about four years. My son lives there and I suppose his job needs to be there. My sister lives in North London but she is moving up to Yorkshire to be closer to us. And properties up here are less expensive.

1 Like