Where can I dispose of an old fridge?

where can I take an old fridge left by argos delivery man and argos not removing either

1 Like

Hi

You can’t at the moment as recycling centres are closed.

try a scrap man, the take anything

Haven’t seen many of those around either…

Around here you can ask your local council to remove it. The only stipulation is that it should be readily accessible. Be prepared to wait a long time though.

ETA: There’s a charge of £29 to take it away. Look on your local council’s website/waste disposal to see if they offer the same service.

Put it at the end of your front garden and place a note on it saying, “For Sale £25”. Some scrote will come along and nick it. Problem solved.:lol:

Find your nearest scrap metal merchant in the link below and phone them.

Yep! :-p

Our City Council charge ÂŁ15 to remove refrigerators and freezers.
ÂŁ30 for anything else - up to 10 items.

But no-one is doing anything at the moment because the recycling centres are closed.

If you plan to leave it outside please make sure you seal the door/s closed so no curious wildlife can be trapped inside.

Something to do with ice-olation. :mrgreen:

Groan!

True Judd. Our local council take them too.
Another thing some people do, is they shove it at the end of their drive for the council to collect, then find it has gone beforehand - The Gipsies nick anything metal.

Someone up the road left an old washing machine in the middle of a pavement the other day. It was gone pretty quick so not sure whether the council or scrap merchants are picking these things up. It’s going to be of value in the future as people repair rather than replace. Everything will be so expensive to buy new.

There has been reports of a big rise in fly-tipping during the lockdown.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52314558

I’m sure my neighbours a few doors up will take it and throw it in their garden along with all their other cr@p.

or remove the doors. Usually held on by a few screws.

Nor the cinema!
Ours was showing, “A Fridge Too Far” and “Fridget Jones Diary” we were really disappointed that we couldn’t go! :frowning:

Hoping, “Ice Cold in Alex” will be on telly!

:043::043:

You could see your favourite actress. Fridgolollabridgida

Luckily The Fridge on the River Kwai has been on TV recently.