When we see animals in the wild, how does it make you feel?

I have seen Possums, Wombats, Kangaroos, Koalas, Platypus, Emus, Quokkas, Thorny Devils, Scorpions, Dolphins, to name some.
Seeing Echidnas., Spiny Ant Eaters. Saw a conga line of them once. Four males following a Female, known as a Trailing. The female releases Pheromones and the males follow her where ever she may wander, for hours.

1 Like

Perpetually ecstatic. I love all the different animals in their natural habitat.

1 Like

I love the fact that when I am out there and come across a native animal, at the time, I am the only one experiencing the moment.

2 Likes

I admire them.It’s a tough life being a wild animal.Not helped by much of their habitat disappearing thanks to you know who.

3 Likes

Some of my photos of wildlife near us

1 Like

just love em

1 Like

Sadly in these parts some animals are an exotic pest and just target practice, foxes are one of them as are cats. They have their place just not here.

1 Like

It depends on what animal and where…I almost stepped on a snake once on the moors and it sent a shiver up my spine…
:open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’ve never been lucky enough to stumble upon an adder, not that I’d care to be bitten by one.
They are protected by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

I quite like them.

1 Like

Snakes can be a problem around here especially for pets.We have one unfortunate friend who lives next to a reserve who lost both of her dogs to snake bites.

1 Like

I would never hurt one, and I watched it slowly slither back into the heather Chilli…
I’m not keen on snakes though…Being an outdoor type all my life, it’s not the first time I’ve come across a snake. Grass snakes, although quick, usually hear you coming and do one…or I do…

2 Likes

Forgive me Mrs Smith, if I don’t visit you anytime soon… :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve been here a long time and never seen one around here.I’ll put the kettle on…

2 Likes

One sugar Mrs Smith…
:+1:

1 Like

I was up in the bush once, just sitting quietly enjoying the serenity, along came a Tiger Snake, it stopped inches from my boot, reared up, tongue all a wagging, then went on it’s merry way.
Snakes do not scare me. Leave them alone, they will leave you alone.

1 Like

Strewth!!!
:open_mouth:
I’ve broken out into a cold sweat just thinking about that Bretrick…

1 Like

Maybe my attitude is because I was bought up in the wilds of Tasmania.
I used to catch Tiger Snakes by the tail then let them go. Silly things kids do. I love wildlife and these days always let them be.
I am often in the bush where I find a suitable spot and stay there all day, allowing the wildlife to come to me, passing through.
There was one time I was sitting quietly and along came a mob of Kangaroos. I counted 35 before stopping. When Kangaroos are feeding they take a long time. Slowly moving along to the next tasty morsel.
It was well over an hour I was surrounded by Kangaroos. They acknowledged I was there but ignored me because I remained seated, not moving, so I was not a threat.
If I had arisen then they would have taken off enmasse.

2 Likes

they say there are over 13,000 leopards in India, i have never yet been lucky enought to see one, but have often wondered how many have seen me…lol…i have onlt seen a couple of snakes, one up close, but the other was in the talons of a large bird of prey [a red kite perhaps] which flew about fifteen to twenty feet over my head with a four foot snake in its talons…

I am left in awe of wild animals.
We see deer on a regular basis,stags are beautiful beasts,i have been just a few feet away from them.
And like a fool i speak to them,can`t help it :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

The boarding school I went to is located in part wooded and part heathland. The sort of land that adders like. A pastime was to catch them with a forked stick, keep them in a dug out pit for a while, watch them and then let them go. We knew of the dangers but nobody ever got bitten.

1 Like