When was the last time you went to get something and forgot what it was when you got there?

For me it was yesterday. I took a few steps to a table and forgot what I wanted to get on the table.

I don’t think this is always age related like people say. I used to do this even more when I was younger trying to do too many things at once.

I remembered what I wanted an hour later when I was thinking about something else.

I would have started this thread yesterday but I got sidetracked and forgot on the way.

When was the last time you went to get something and forgot what you wanted when you got there?

4 Likes

Fairly frequently, but even more annoying is heading off to get something and then something else catches your attention, only to see you attend to that and completely forget what you actually went for, until later, when you realise you still haven’t collected the 1st object :grin:

1 Like

I often walk into a room & forget why I went there.
I get side tracked too, LD, it must be our age. :grinning:

2 Likes

I do it all the time,i think it`s having too much going on in your head at the same time.
Thats my excuse and i shall stick to it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It hasn’t happened to me for a while. I’ve been taking joint ace for some months to head off some arthritic pain I had last year and perhaps it has an effect on the brain too. I looked this up a while back and chondroitin may be the active ingredient. Caveat is that if you have diabetes you have to consult your doctor.

Before this it used to happen to me quite often. I would need a visual clue and then would remember what I had forgotten. It can provide good exercise going back and forth to a room though…

1 Like

I have had that problem for years extremely annoying , now where was I ???

1 Like

What ???
…)