When was the last time you slept more than eight hours?

I would have to go back to about the year 2000. When I was still drinking beer.
Lucky if I get 5 hours now with 4 being about average.
Though I think I had almost 7 hours last night. Went to sleep about 8.30pm, awoke at 3.15am.

1 Like

You need more Beer!

1 Like

When I was an adolescent.

2 Likes

I regularly sleep 10 hours a night. I usually need the loo about 3am but I am back in bed and asleep in seconds.

3 Likes

2 nights ago. I slept for 9 hours. I try to get 8 hours a night. If that gets too low, I start feeling the effects, so I make up for it on other nights.

1 Like

I can remember on one hand, the occasions when I slept fitfully for 8 hours. The most I get by with now, is about 5 hours max. :weary:

1 Like

Without medication - about 4 - 5 hours.

With meds 8 hours or more. (I take Gabapentin for trapped nerve in my back & sciatica. Side effect is drowsiness)

1 Like

I regularly sleep 8 to 9 hours a night. No aches or pains so far. It’s a blessing, without any worries. Most of my friends only sleep 5 to 6 at most.:astonished:

3 Likes

Getting in 8 hours sleep isn’t the problem, getting 8 hours continuous sleep is, as I tend to wake up in the small hours and it takes a long time to nod off again.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have ever slept that long. I do sleep longer than I used to.

20 years ago I would go to bed 11/12pm and be up at 5am for work, these days I tend to go to bed 11pm (ish) and get up at 7 am .

When I first retired it took three months for me to stop getting up at 5am. I guess years of 12 hour shifts 6 to 6 gets your body into habits that are hard to break

1 Like

I awoke at 3.15am which is my usual time for getting up for work. Do not have to work today, Saturday. :roll_eyes:

Haven’t a clue…which is why you find me on umpteen forums at 3a.m.
4 hours is a good night.

2 Likes

You go to lots of cricket though.You probably sleep then :grinning:

I sleep but wake up a lot sometimes it’s the dog using telepathy because she wants to go out.

3 Likes

:cricket_bat_and_ball::sweat_smile:
I’m off to the Arms Park this afternoon.

2 Likes

I used to watch Glam when their ground was at the Arms Park :grinning:

2 Likes

@Bretrick I cannot remember sleeping for 8hrs in the past 60yrs. These days I mostly find myself in bed just before midnight and then I am awake ready to go at 5am.

1 Like

@LongDriver. I am in bed no later then 8pm, many times earlier.
4 hours is my average unbroken sleep. So when I get 5 - 6 - or 7 hours I am very surprised and pleased.

Your body obviously doesn’t need more sleep than you experience presently, or you would be in rapid decline.

1 Like

Last night…I’m usually in bed for 10:30pm and out of bed for 6:30am but I slept until 7:00am this morning cos it’s rest day. However, I’m up four times in the night for a pee but don’t usually wake up…Tablets for gout make you pee regularly…
:flushed: