When ever I take Jack out

To the wooded enclosure, I get bitten all over my body by insects, this is during the day.

Anyone else have this problem?

I need to buy some repellent spray…it really ruins the walks we have.

It never used to be like this, my legs are covered in itchy bites.

1 Like

No trouble, do you wear trousers? if so tuck your socks over the bottom’s see if that helps.

1 Like

Obviously, there are many brands available but one that I found suited me, as I take long country walks, is:

Incognito Insect Repellent

https://www.lessmosquito.com/images/products/small/IC208SPRAYMINI50ML-200225062733-1.png

Incognito Insect Repellent Pump Spray 100ml | Boots

• Deet free.

• Child friendly.

• Light citrus aroma, non-greasy.

Incognito skin-conditioning spray provides protection against mosquitoes, midges, sandflies, horseflies, ticks and many more insects. Clinically tested to be highly effective for 4 hours. Our active ingredient: oil of lemon Eucalyptus (PMD) is recommended by Public Health England and the NHS to avoid mosquito bites.

Tropical strength, suitable for all destinations. Meets all UK safety and efficacy standards.

Anti-Mosquito Products

https://www.lessmosquito.com/categories/anti-mosquito-products/product/award-winning-mini-anti-mosquito-spray-repellent

Repels:

Mosquitoes
Midges
Ticks
Sand flies
Land leeches
Black flies
Stable flies

I like it because it’s natural, non-greasy product with, to my nose, a very pleasant smell. It worked for me and stopped those pesky horseflies in their tracks … :mosquito:

If you get to like it, there’s a range of supplementary products available … :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Whilst working in my garden, I am getting bitten like mad at the moment. Especially on my legs!
Thank You, caricature, for the advice about tucking trousers in your socks. I was wondering how they were able to bite me through my trousers!
Once bitten, l put vinegar on the bite and it really relieves it and stops it itching.
I have to be careful as l have ended up at the hospital with a bad reaction and swelling after a bite.

1 Like

No, but then I never take Jack out. :102:

1 Like

Be careful Art…I think we disturb them ( mosquitoes) in their slumber, while we work in the garden,
Also walking through the woods, I sometimes go off the path, therefore brushing through all the growth, waking all those blinking mosquitoes up!..I will be buying some spray ,as Omah kindly posted.about,:blush:

@pauline3 @Artangel , are you up north, Down here in Devon we don’t get mozzies, grockles yes but thats another tale.

South here…mosquitoes everywhere…can’t go out in the garden during the evening, get eaten alive by mosquitoes…:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

Pauline, l think they just like the taste of us! I get bitten everywhere, my neck, back, buttocks legs, hands and toes. The itching drives me bonkers and then they get infected, swell up, or grow huge red blisters!

Maybe, l should stay inside all summer!

NB. Re… the spray. I would probably be allergic to that too!!

1 Like

Not necessarily:

Incognito Anti-Mosquito Spray | Insect Bite Avoidance | Buy Online at TravelPharm.
The Incognito Anti-Mosquito Spray protects you more effectively than Deet (1), yet is 100% natural! It is safe for all the family and works for up to 4 hours.

The active ingredient (PMD) recommended by Public Health England and NHS, and is clinically proven to protect against malaria when used in conjunction with an impregnated mosquito net.

Repels and camouflages you from mosquitoes, midges, sandflies, horseflies, ticks and many more insects. Protects against mosquitoes that carry Zika, Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.

This product is fully tested and meets UK safety and efficacy standards.

100% natural and certified organic & sustainably produced. Ethical and Vegan Society approved.

No GM and never tested on animals. The bottle is made from sugarcane plastic which has a positive carbon footprint and is 100% recyclable!

Ingredients:

Alcohol, Aqua, PMD rich botanic oil (menthanediol), cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil*, citrus bergamia (bergamot) oil*, linalool*, limonene*, citral*. All blended together in a unique secret process. (*Natural components of the essential oils).

:slightly_smiling_face:

(1) DEET - Wikipedia

N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide, also called DEET (/diːt/) or diethyltoluamide, is the most common active ingredient in insect repellents. It is a slightly yellow oil intended to be applied to the skin or to clothing and provides protection against mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, chiggers, leeches and many biting insects.

DEET was developed in 1944 by Samuel Gertler of the United States Department of Agriculture for use by the United States Army, following its experience of jungle warfare during World War II. It was originally tested as a pesticide on farm fields, and entered military use in 1946 and civilian use in 1957. It was used in Vietnam and Southeast Asia.

As a precaution, manufacturers advise that DEET products should not be used under clothing or on damaged skin, and that preparations be washed off after they are no longer needed or between applications. DEET can act as an irritant; in rare cases, it may cause severe epidermal reactions. Other symptoms that can occur are breathing difficulty, burning eyes, or headaches.

Definitely NOT recommended … :scream_cat:

1 Like

'Tis the time of year.
My mum used to get bitten by everything but fortunately I fare much better.
Though I still try to avoid midge season in Scotland, as they have a ferocious appetite.

1 Like