When do the clocks go back in October? UK set for change to GMT

This made me chuckle, I’ll never whinge about adjusting my watch again. A job for someone with a light touch… I’d be terrified!

1 Like

If I was the Clock Museum Curator, I wouldn’t want to risk changing all those clocks twice a year - I’d keep them all on GMT all year round!

Back in the days when I had clocks in the house / car that needed to be changed manually, I used to leave them all on GMT+1 all year round.
I knew I needed to mentally subtract an hour after British Summer Time ended but if I did occasionally forget, at least it wouldn’t make me late for anything! :rofl:

My last manual clock was a wall clock in the kitchen and that gave up the ghost last year and stopped working, so all the timekeeping devices I have are automatically updated now, which suits me fine.

2 Likes

Yes I used to do that sometimes too :slightly_smiling_face:

Seems like a wind up to me…

1 Like

I don’t understand why Britain doesn’t move to Central European time permanently. It would bring you in sync with the rest of Europe and Scandinavia (except for some odd reason - Portugal).

You can still have daylight savings but the trade and business advantages would be enormous wouldn’t they?.

1 Like

The clocks go back on Nov. 5 in the US. One year, I almost followed the crowd here and changed on the wrong day. 4 of my clocks have to be manually changed. I leave one all year round.

1 Like

Sounds a very sensible idea Bruce, which probably means it won’t happen.