When did you start going grey?

You look like a Doctor sitting there. :grin:

1 Like

Just what one when expects professional status I guess.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. :kissing_heart:

That is priceless, RightNow. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You look about 20 Rox!! What’s your secret? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Cheers Azz, plenty of water under the bridge since then…
:+1:

2 Likes

When I saw John Major :grin:

1 Like

When I was 20 I was always stopped from going into the Clubs with my boyfriend lol, also I was told I wasn’t old enough to buy cigarettes. I looked like I was 13. Believe me it had it’s downside, I was always having to prove my age even after I was married. I only had my birth certificate as proof and even that wasn’t always believed. :cry:
Now things have turned around and I look too young. But at least I can get into the pub without being grilled. :blush:
No secret Azz, just inherited good genes, oh yeah, and I have never worn makeup.
Maybe it’s the chlorine lol. I was practically brought up in the swimming baths mum used to work there and I was always there too. Still swim most days so still lots of chlorine in my life. :swimming_woman:

2 Likes

I reckon I was around 40 when I noticed the first one

15% or more by 46

50% or more by 50

Shaved it off at 54, last month. Had a bald spot + gray = not worth the trouble

1 Like

Wait!!
The real, most annoying gray is/was my beard, and I correct it with color from a bottle.
But my Lord, that gray beard will make me long twenty years older. I shaved my head, deleting a bald spot AND gray problem, AND colored my beard while growing it out…. This has made a big impact on my overall appearance and I’m personally very happy with it.
My wife gets grumpy because my mustache and chin will get wet from drinks then if I kiss her without drying that, it truly irritates her skin.
Told old girl she used to carry a cloth to wipe the face off our English Mastiffs, she can surely justify one for this hunk o been! :))))))
But yeh, gray can be rough especially in a beard.

1 Like

I discovered the first grey hair in my mid-40s and started using a shampoo with Henna. After some time I started greying at the temples and the colour of my hair was fading. I was in good shape but noticed that customers preferred younger staff which I blamed on my slightly greying hair which made me look older than I felt and the rest of my body would suggest.
The prospect of looking like that for the remaining 15-20 years of my working life was sobering. I didn’t want to dye my hair as it would look unnatural in most cases. So I started re-pigmenting it and did so until my retirement with the effect that I didn’t look my age. Since my retirement I’ve kept greying but at a much slower rate than I expected. Even now I’m not grey in the true sense of the word.

1 Like

Probably in my forties, having started to go from carrot to pink, aka bald first.

About age 17

Age 29 with my teenage cousin.

This morrow, aged soixante-neuf. It’s not obvious because I keep my hair short, what little I have, but my temples and the back of my neck are mostly grey.

3 Likes

You look very intellectual Fruitcake. Good photos…
:+1:

1 Like

You don’t look very grey at all @Fruitcake :023:

What does that entail Dachs? Perhaps you could post a thread about it? :smiley:

1 Like

I think I started going grey not after I got married. :smiley:

1 Like

While I was writing this, I kind of anticipated that question simply because it often arises. Even the barbers/hairdressers were not always aware of that. Not worth a thread, though, as it fits in here nicely. The result looks like this:

1 Like