When did you start going grey?

I’m not so much concerned about what’s on the top of my head, rather what’s going on inside it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Tiff and Rox, you both are real cuties! If I said lovely, it sounds like I’m complimenting older ladies, and you both are true beauties!

Me? I had a few grey hairs starting in my late 50s, but being a redhead it will take me longer to go all grey.
Anyway, I’m keeping up with my color for as long as I can until my entire head goes grey. Besides, the guys still remember me from high school with this color…I’m not messing with their memories of long ago. It just wouldn’t be kind of me, would it?!? :grin: :wink:

3 Likes

You forgot to say @OldGreyFox and @Besoeker look handsome as well Pam :lol:

You all look great - I love seeing photos of you all, I’m fascinated by how people have changed (or not, in the case of you lot!)

3 Likes

I am starting to change, my face seems to be rounder these days and there are wee lines forming at the edge of my eyes. I’ve been really really lucky with the genes I inherited from my parents, so have my sisters. I keep expecting to get up one morning, look in the mirror and see a lot older me staring back. I think I would look older if I cut my hair though, not that I’ll be doing that anytime soon. If I want it short I bundle it up in a claw clip, and leave the short bits at the side down, usually in the hot weather as the back of my neck gets soaked with hair covering it.

4 Likes

Thank you kindly Mr Azz !

1 Like

You look like a Doctor sitting there. :grin:

1 Like

Just what one when expects professional status I guess.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. :kissing_heart:

That is priceless, RightNow. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You look about 20 Rox!! What’s your secret? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Cheers Azz, plenty of water under the bridge since then…
:+1:

2 Likes

When I saw John Major :grin:

1 Like

When I was 20 I was always stopped from going into the Clubs with my boyfriend lol, also I was told I wasn’t old enough to buy cigarettes. I looked like I was 13. Believe me it had it’s downside, I was always having to prove my age even after I was married. I only had my birth certificate as proof and even that wasn’t always believed. :cry:
Now things have turned around and I look too young. But at least I can get into the pub without being grilled. :blush:
No secret Azz, just inherited good genes, oh yeah, and I have never worn makeup.
Maybe it’s the chlorine lol. I was practically brought up in the swimming baths mum used to work there and I was always there too. Still swim most days so still lots of chlorine in my life. :swimming_woman:

2 Likes

I reckon I was around 40 when I noticed the first one

15% or more by 46

50% or more by 50

Shaved it off at 54, last month. Had a bald spot + gray = not worth the trouble

1 Like

Wait!!
The real, most annoying gray is/was my beard, and I correct it with color from a bottle.
But my Lord, that gray beard will make me long twenty years older. I shaved my head, deleting a bald spot AND gray problem, AND colored my beard while growing it out…. This has made a big impact on my overall appearance and I’m personally very happy with it.
My wife gets grumpy because my mustache and chin will get wet from drinks then if I kiss her without drying that, it truly irritates her skin.
Told old girl she used to carry a cloth to wipe the face off our English Mastiffs, she can surely justify one for this hunk o been! :))))))
But yeh, gray can be rough especially in a beard.

1 Like

I discovered the first grey hair in my mid-40s and started using a shampoo with Henna. After some time I started greying at the temples and the colour of my hair was fading. I was in good shape but noticed that customers preferred younger staff which I blamed on my slightly greying hair which made me look older than I felt and the rest of my body would suggest.
The prospect of looking like that for the remaining 15-20 years of my working life was sobering. I didn’t want to dye my hair as it would look unnatural in most cases. So I started re-pigmenting it and did so until my retirement with the effect that I didn’t look my age. Since my retirement I’ve kept greying but at a much slower rate than I expected. Even now I’m not grey in the true sense of the word.

1 Like

Probably in my forties, having started to go from carrot to pink, aka bald first.

About age 17

Age 29 with my teenage cousin.

This morrow, aged soixante-neuf. It’s not obvious because I keep my hair short, what little I have, but my temples and the back of my neck are mostly grey.

3 Likes

You look very intellectual Fruitcake. Good photos…
:+1:

1 Like

You don’t look very grey at all @Fruitcake :023:

What does that entail Dachs? Perhaps you could post a thread about it? :smiley:

1 Like

I think I started going grey not after I got married. :smiley:

1 Like

While I was writing this, I kind of anticipated that question simply because it often arises. Even the barbers/hairdressers were not always aware of that. Not worth a thread, though, as it fits in here nicely. The result looks like this:

1 Like