When did you start feeling “old”?

Since when was that reason for not posting?

1 Like

Mr F, lt wasn’t relevant as some of the posts that preceded it and followed it, were serious.

I on the other hand do not care I will bung in comedy at every opportunity as my two posts in Brits urged to house Ukrainians thread will show.
If I can be telling jokes when I thought I was on my last legs with cancer then anything else is is pretty minor, so please be silly and irrelevant if only to amuse me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

When the cinema usher presumed I was paying senior price …I was only 59 at tge time too cheeky cow :rage:

1 Like

@Flowerpower - LOL - when it happens I’ll let you know!

When did I start feeling old? Straight after having stents installed in my descending aorta and iliac arteries. By the time I’d recovered from the operation I’d slowed down so much I couldn’t build my stamina back up.

2 Likes

I hope it was a success and you feel a little better xxx

Oh, yes, the operation (2 yrs ago nearly) was successful and I don’t feel that bad really actually. It’s just that I have very limited blood circulation in the muscles in the top at the back of my right leg and my right buttock which can cause me some pain. (My consultant said this would be the case and it would be quite a while before my body formed new blood vessels to counteract this deficiency.) What it does mean is that I can’t walk any great distance, the surfaces I walk on have to be fairly flat (no left-right slope), and I have to take my time. It’s far easier for me to cycle somewhere rather than walk these days.

2 Likes

Oh good, sometimes there’s a little price to pay for the fantastic things they can do but so worth it! Hope your circulation comes back a bit xxx

I will try and PM you Maree.

1 Like

Nearly back to normal, but not quite, thanks Annie.
They tried the old " What do you expect at your age" type remark, but I wasnt having that! I told 'em " You dont suddenly become old overnight thankyou!
I said my ears were as sharp as my dogs when I went to bed that night, but deaf in the morning.

They kept testing me over the next few weeks, and kept scratching their heads because each test showed my hearing returning more and more. So much for their “age” theory! They never could come up with sensible reason.
Still seeing them now even.

3 Likes

This reminds me SO much of my late Mum. She had a knee replacement when she was well into her 80s. Some years before this we went to see a rather pompous consultant and he examined her right knee and said “it’s old age you know.” Mum chirped up and said “well it’s the same age as the other one and that’s alright.” He actually cracked up laughing and he said “my goodness, you’re a character!” :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I was chronically ill as a teen. In my twenties my health improved and I wasn’t sick during my working life. Then I took early retirement at 63 and had never felt old until then. But I just enjoyed one year of it before I got my new diagnosis that I’m incurably ill again and the illness has been progressing since. Now at 67 I really feel old because I notice that I’m gradually unable to do many things any more which I used to be able to do. Body and mind are clearly decaying.
I’m not saying that life isn’t worth living when you feel old. It’s just that I have to get used to the fact.

7 Likes

Really sorry to read that Dachs. I know in lots of ways I am lucky because I have a couple of friends my age who are in a similar situation as you and, as I said earlier, I lost 3 good friends last year. Take care.xx

1 Like

I hope you have plenty of good years left yet Dachs, best wishes…
:+1:

1 Like

When I start feeling older, I will be sure to let you all know. It hasn’t happened yet, I have excellent health and hope it continues. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My husband says “old” is 20 years older than him :grin:. He’ll be 74 this year and I’ll be 70. I guess that means we are not old.

I started feeling old just before Christmas. My brother died from Covid :sleepy:

For me it was when someone offered to vacate his seat for me on the London Underground. I was annoyed at the time. I was about 66 years old. Later I learned to be grateful when the offer was made.

Mr M was gob smacked when a young women offered him her seat on the tube ( he was about 70 ) .

1 Like

I love your posts on the funnies thread I always look at them first :slight_smile:

2 Likes