When did you last move home?

I moved here three years ago, when I move again depends on how soon the bank seizes my house :frowning: and where to go, no ideaā€¦ :confused:

about 10 years ago, doesnā€™t seem that long, we only moved from about a mile away, still in the same area.

Moved here ( a new house) 14 years ago after living in previous house for 13 years (a first time buyer).

I would love to move to Cornwall and build a new house there for us. Looking for land this year.

PM me if you hear of any plots please!

A plot of land in Cornwall, that you can actually afford to buy? The Holy Grail would be easier to locate methinksā€¦

Philippines 7 months ago, then back in the UK.

Me and Steve have lived here 40yrs would not want to move, unless we won the lottery then I might move to the seaside I would love to wake up and see the sea every morning.

Treacle

We have lived in this house since 1970, it belonged to my Wifeā€™s Father and Mother, after her Father died in 1968 her Mother (who never fully recovered from his death) asked us to move in with her as she couldnā€™t stand being lonely. Itā€™s an old pre-war house and very comfortable, in a nice quiet area, and we would never leave it, except in a box.:wink:

I have to think about moving, much as Iā€™d rather not. After my surgery and recovery Iā€™ll be looking for a studio apartment in a senior retirement community. My 8 room house and yard has unfortunately just gotten to be too much for me to cope with ā€¦

have been in this house 18 years 5 months

How very sad Eileen, youā€™ve been there for years. Would be tempting to close the doors on the upstairs rooms and live downstairs only and keep your yard, even if it meant paving a little of it over? I feel for you.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that, Eileen - that is bound to be a huge upheaval for you:-( Would you still be able to take Leia with you if you moved to a studio apartment?

Hopefully it would turn out to be ideal for you, a big house does take a lot of looking after at the best of times ā€¦ and you will have the comfort of having a chair to sit on while you use your computer instead of sitting on the floor :wink:

Really sorry to read this Eileen - will be a wrench for you, but if it makes life easier for you, then it will be worth it in the long run. Hoping the lovely Leia will be able to come youā€¦

At one point Iā€™d have said I wouldnā€™t take a place that didnā€™t allow small pets.But Leia is so happy at Carolynā€™s that I might, just might,have second thoughtsā€¦ itā€™s a long way down the road; have to get thru surgery and recovery first and start looking. Mags, Iā€™m quite happy with my cushion! :mrgreen:

Iā€™d like to say I last moved home today but the vendor is playing silly b*****s.

Oh dear :frowning: ā€¦ Are you all packed a ready to roll but with nowhere to roll to ?

Hope you get it sorted soon orangutan x x

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re getting the run around Orangutan, my Daughter went through the same thing a few years back, it can be very upsetting, as you well know. I hope things work out to your satisfaction, good luck.

Well it looks like Monday will be move day, although a very very slight chance of tomorrow.

Yes, all packed and ready to go, supposed to be out by Sunday but have extended to Monday now. Incredibly frustrating, as was meant to complete last Tuesday and took time off work to move this week.

Iā€™m afraid vendor is a VERY nasty piece of work, so will be glad when dealings are complete.

Hope all goes well for you Orangutanā€¦moving home is stressful enough, without having added pressuresā€¦

I echo merzā€™ post ā€¦

Thanks. Finally got the front door key (still need lots of others, but itā€™s a start) at 5pm yesterday. Busy weekend aheadā€¦