When did you last hold a baby?

Watching TV today there was the cutest little baby . Unexpectedly I felt sad it’s so long since I held a little baby . It’s not that I want a little baby , I miss my babies as they were .

LOL - ages ago! I avoid them - smelly things - noisy at one end and totally unpredictable at the other!

6 Likes

Last year, I just loved it!

But my youngest son isn’t keen on babies, he likes his cats ….

So when his mate gave him his baby to hold he was worried……

Because when you hold a cat and it wriggles you know it wants to get down and you drop it on the floor……

And he thought he might forget and do the same with a wriggling baby!

1 Like

theres me holding my last grandchild born about 9 months ago. i got 10 grandchildren these days ranging from1 to 12 years old and still love holding them anytime i see them which is very often as they all live nearby me.

8 Likes

Oh what a lovely photo, you must be so proud and what a tiny little thing… beautiful xxx

1 Like

Just over 42 years ago, my son. None since then. I really don’t like kids, I can sorta tolerate my own sometimes but that’s all.

1 Like

3 years ago when my golden girl friend became a grandma.

Mind you I get.to hold my own baby every day for the rest of his days

This baby is the cutest ever

2 Likes

Thursday night when I babysat for my son and DiL. And here she is lying on my chest asleep. Seven weeks old exactly that day :heart:

4 Likes

What a little sweetie, love the dimples on her hands.

1 Like

I held my new grandson about four weeks ago,he`s a beauty,as they all are.

2 Likes

Can’t recall holding a baby since my son was a baby himself.
I have no grandchildren.

Like others have said, I have held probably hundreds of puppies though, and their needs are very similar. :grinning:

2 Likes

I dream of becoming a grandma. You are so blessed xxx

1 Like

I know!! So cute :two_hearts:

Yes I am I guess. Time was I thought it would never happen, then my grandson was born 16 years ago. We waited another 7 years for his brother to appear, then 2 more years before my daughter had her little girl. We honestly all thought that was it, no more babies. But then my son had a new partner, and along came this little poppet 7 weeks ago. This really will be the last one though, of that I am very sure!! So I will make the most of her :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: Snap! I’ve never ever held one … I always escaped the ‘pleasure’.
Noisy at both ends too … they’re portable milk manure processing plants.

1 Like

Christmas Day, I think. Or it could have been after that. My nephew, in his 40s, has a new gf, and their son was born last December.

2 Likes

Last year, I was waiting for a bus and a taxi stopped. Twin boys got out and their mother got out holding a baby. The taxi driver got out, got a pushchair out of the boot and drove off.
The mother was struggling with the pushchair and none of the women at the bus stop helped. I asked her if she needed help with the pushchair and she plonked a 2 week baby in my arms

3 Likes

19 years plus when my grandson was born, he was 5 minutes old when I first held him before my daughter did, I was her birth partner due to my son in law being unwell.

2 Likes

About 33 years ago, I have never “Carried a Baby”.

1 Like

Must be about 9 years when my niece had her second child.

I don’t mind holding a baby for a few minutes but l think l’d rather look at them in someone else’s arms.
I have held babies but they start to hurt your arm after a bit and some even try to suckle you, or bite your chin with their gums!!