What's your favorite one-pot meal recipe?

I want to learn some one-pot recipes because I don’t want to wash more dishes than necessary. Years ago, I used to cook a bunch of things in my rice cooker, all at the same time. I cooked vegetables in the steamer over the rice and perhaps a protein in the steamer as well.

I haven’t gotten one of those multi-cooker gadgets. Maybe that will make a difference.

When you’re pressed for time and don’t want to do more dishes, what’s your go-to one-pot meal?

I am planning to make this for Sunday lunch tomorrow :

2 Likes

The French Blanquette de Veau ( Veal casserole) so very delicious with a nice glass of Cabernet or Pinot noir.

1 Like

My husband is Irish so I often make him his childhood favourites

Bacon and cabbage is good one pot wonder, with the cabbage and potatoes cooked in with the bacon, soaking up the flavour of the bacon water. Serve it with shamrock sauce (parsley) :wink:

A Dublin Coddle, (sausage stew) is nice too
Traditionally, we don’t brown the sausages and they go soft in the stock but those pinkies might be a bit much finless you were raised on it, maybe brown them!

2 Likes

Beef casserole,potatoes,carrots,onions,peas,green beans,parsnips,mushrooms and a nice beef gravy.

2 Likes

All of you are making me hungry right now!
We should take turns cooking!

2 Likes

very difficult to buy veal in the UK these days. It used to be our mum’s meat of choice when I was growing up.

1 Like