What's your favorite nut?

As a dietary vegan, I eat a lot of nuts. Good source of protein, but mostly I just like them.

What’s your favorite nut? (pick up to 5)
  • Cashews
  • Walnuts
  • Pecasns
  • Brazil Nuts
  • Pistachios
  • Peanuts
  • Almonds
  • Hazelnuts
  • Macadamia Nuts
  • Pine nuts
  • Other

0 voters

If you picked other, what kind of nut was it?

Do you eat nuts a lot? For special occasions or all the time?

Jacob Rees-Mogg. :smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

I eat a few nuts almost every day - love them!

2 Likes

I love nuts too in fact I could have ticked all that list. I add extra nuts to muesli.

2 Likes

Difficult choice because I love all nuts but I think the 5 types I voted for are the ones I love most.

I always have a variety of nuts in the cupboard and eat a couple of Brazil nuts and a small handful of mixed nuts most days as a healthy snack.

I like to put cashew nuts in a veggie stir fry, with a bit of chopped ginger, garlic and chilli.

1 Like

We are a vegetarian household, so we have loads of most of these.

Did you know that peanuts are legumes and not nuts?

1 Like

Sounds right to me. As a dietary vegan, I was almost going to add pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the list but thought that seeds didn’t make the list, but not by much. I mix them all together, so everything gets mixed in with the nuts.

1 Like

I add cashews to a chicken stir fry. Love them.

1 Like

Sounds yummy. :yum: I add cashews on top of any curry or even curry rice.

I would have to nominate Jeremy Corbyn and his nutter brother Piers Corbyn …they make a right pair of nuts together.
Piers Corbyn charged with causing a nuisance after protest at hospital vaccination clinic | The Independent

1 Like

Yes, but that begs the question, why do people get a nut allergy from eating them?

1 Like

Peanuts are not a nut, they are a legume, they are an edible seed contained within a pod & within the same family as beans, peas & lentils. Nuts grow on trees, peanuts under the surface of the soil.

Only 40% of people with a nut allergy have any form of response to peanuts & they often have reactions to things other than nuts & peanuts too.

my tastes are simple but pistachios are my favourite

1 Like

Do you like shelled or unshelled? I buy the shelled because I’m too lazy to shell them, but I think the unshelled are usually softer and somehow tastes fresher.