What's your favorite card game?

My parents used to play a lot of Cribbage, so I’ve played a bit of that. On long plane rides, I would play Solitaire. One day, I want to learn to play Hearts. My mother used to play that a lot.

What cards games did/do you play? (Here are some examples)

2 Likes

LOL - since when were Chess and Backgammon card games?

I like to play Patience, Gin Rummy, Hearts, - I used to like Whist, Solo, Canasta, Piquot and 21.

1 Like

I’m going to have a look at that site in depth later. I really enjoy card games but I don’t know how to play many of them. I play solitaire, hearts, pairs, and that’s it. I would love to learn how to play “proper” card games. :+1:

2 Likes

Used to love playing whist and blackjack. Tried bridge but seemed too complicated for my simple mind and my friends who tried teaching it to me suddenly turned into serious minded monsters, so I decided to give it a miss.

3 Likes

Gin Rummy, always played it with my Parents in the Caravan.

2 Likes

3 card brag, pontoon, gin rummy, solo, napoleon whist, Newmarket, cribbage, patience, contract bridge.

Out of that lot, I used to love playing solo and gin rummy the most.

1 Like

Poker

1 Like

I don’t play cards now, no one who likes it to play with, my husband plays brag with his mates

But my granny and great aunties loved a game of cards and I used to get roped in to play with them all the time when I was a kid

They liked 21s, my favourite was Newmarket, we did rummy and gin rummy too

And at family get togethers we played Crown and Anchor with special dice. Not a card game, but that really was gambling!

1 Like

Most men play brag, given half a chance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Back in the 70s … 3 card brag!

1 Like

I used to play 4 card brag. :sunglasses:

Gosh, do any of you remember the countless hours you might have spent playing uno with your children or grandchildren especially on holiday? That’ll probably be their favourite game if the question comes up when they reach our age.

1 Like

I’ve sweated over 3 card brag and 5 card brag but never 4.

1 Like

My favourite is UNO

2 Likes

Actually, I meant 6 card, d00d. :lying_face:

It’s easy to lose count. :lying_face:

Never heard of it Minx. How’s it played?

1 Like

Uno (English); from Spanish and Italian for ‘one’; stylized as UNO ) is an American [shedding-type] card game that is played with a specially printed [deck]The game’s general principles put it into the [crazy eights]family of card games, and it is similar to the traditional European game [mau-mau]

mau mau = bad bad

surely not.

Hey DooD, most definitely so!
It’s such a fun game!

1 Like