What's wrong with Formula one?

These were the days. OK it’s fictional, but a lot of F1 drivers took part, including Bruce McLaren whom my late OH worked for around that time.

The MotoGP is far more exciting, you can’t really “engineer” the danger out of that, being slightly crazy is a prerequisite.

Televised Traffic Jam, makes cricket seem to be adventurous. :):):slight_smile:

Just been watching a couple of clips … Bbbwwwurrrmmmm

Our coach driver did that when we were there. :wink:

I have always wondered why the best drivers start at the front? Surely they should be at the back to give the others a chance?

The drivers practice before the race day & the fastest get pole or close to the front positions, they slot in in order of their times.

There’s always been dominant teams in f1, in the days of Micheal Schumacher the Ferrari was so dominant it could start at the back of the grid, and still win, McLaren,Williams, Renault red bull have all dominated at some point, the fia bring out rules to try and make all the teams equal ,but the teams find ways around this ( legally) by developing the aero packages, to give more downforce, and the teams with the most cash are at the forefront of this, Ferrari, for example, have one guy employed just to design the wing mirrors, at £25.000 each !, some of the more modern , Herman tilke designed tracks don’t really lend themselves well to overtaking, like some of the established venues, some of the lesser teams , haas, Toro Rosso, ect are seen as B teams, and are supplied with the same engines as the main teams have, they just don’t have the R&D cash to further their development and aero, engine parts and the like are passed to them after the main teams have developed them, and are already onto the next update…

Don’t encourage the wum. :wink:

What is a wum?
:confused:

Who is supposed to be a WUM? :102:

Well …it’s like this …

And therefore … the fastest driver gets pole position at the head of the field and at the start of the race whizzes to the first corner … first … and usually ends up still first across the finishing line after driving round and round for a couple of hours…
Dull as ditch water.
But granted … excitement can reach new heights if there is one or two pit stops along the way.

Well …it’s like this …

And therefore … the fastest driver gets pole position at the head of the field and at the start of the race whizzes to the first corner … first … and usually ends up still first across the finishing line after driving round and round for a couple of hours…
Dull as ditch water.
But granted … excitement can reach new heights if there is one or two pit stops along the way.
[/QUOTE]

Yes that’s all true and it does mean that those who drove slowest yesterday are placed at the back and therefore have absolutely no chance of winning unless all the others crash.

:079: :wink:

à chacun son goût

I’ve never had gout B.

But I’m sure you have good goût
:wink:

I like to think so … as much as an elegant pig in a frock can. :slight_smile:

Ha Ha!
Very funny and I’m sure not true…

You know … I could get to like you B.

Just watch out for his pole position. :shock: