What's the worst thing you've found in your food after you had eaten most of it?

Inspired by this picture of a bolt at the bottom of a smoothie,

What’s the worst thing you’ve found in your food after you’ve eaten?

1 Like

I had fish, chips and peas in a pub once and bit into something hard in the peas. It was metal and looked like a small piece of machinery. The pub just said there was no way it was from their kitchen. I never went there again.

1 Like

It was a torn thumbnail I noticed just as I started eating. The called maitre d’ was horrified and the whole of the replacement meal including wine was then complimentary for me and the three accompanying me. I was a regular patron, so I’m not sure a casual eater would have received the same treatment.
I have been back to Antico’s (Eaton High Street) and if in the area, I would go back again as I’m convinced the nail must have come embedded with the vegetables from the farm supplier.

1 Like

A curly kind of hair on the top of one of my sausages during breakfast in a work’s canteen some years back.
I only hope what I had started on was unsullied.

That my Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls weren’t made with chicken but cat. I threw up for a week and never went back. My friend from school had invited me. She apparently couldn’t get enough, but eventually the restaurant was shut down…

Hi

My first ever grey pubic hair.

I am not buying a sandwich from that shop again.