What's the weirdest thing you've found in your backyard?

There was a wild rabbit in my backyard many years ago. It ran off into the wilderness, never to be seen again. That was probably the most unlikely thing for around these parts.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve found in your backyard?

1 Like

A badger. They are noisy and destructive

2 Likes

An owl,he/she just sat on the shed roof looking through the patio windows,probably looking at it`s reflection.
It was beautiful.

2 Likes

We used to have a badger sett close to us and they used to come into our garden, dig it up, poop everywhere and tear up our wooden fence and I had to spend £1,000 replacing it with a concrete base to keep them out. Badgers are a serious pain and wish there was some way to get rid of them.

2 Likes

Unusual thing was a Partridge.

We have had Pheasant too, they roosted in the Oak tree at night, but no pics of those.

2 Likes

One snowy Winter’s day, a few years ago, I looked out of the window and saw a penguin sitting on my garden bench.

:thinking:

It was a stuffed toy penguin - but it is a complete mystery how it arrived in my enclosed back garden.
If a person or animal had brought it in, they would have had to climb a 6 foot fence first.
It did look a bit worse for wear, poor thing, as if it had been living rough for a while, and one of its flippers was missing - it was too big for most garden sized birds to have picked it up and left it there but I did wonder if perhaps a large gull may have picked it up from somewhere, thinking it was food then dropped it as it flew over my garden - it was odd that Penguin happened to land on my garden bench in a way that made it look as if he was sitting comfortably!

I did take some pics of it but I can’t find them now - so here’s the only one I could find from the internet, just to give you a flavour of my weird garden guest. :joy:

IMG_1204

2 Likes

You had me going there for a second. :joy: I literally said “WUT?” out loud. If you really did have a penguin in your yard, that would be something, but the stuffed penguin sounded like a mystery too.

I have a tiny wood bear in my back yard, but he’s not a mystery. He’s my mascot.

2 Likes

Found in my garden

A barking deer!
A bamboo snake.
A boa.
An iguana
A cobra.

Of course all on different days.

2 Likes

:thinking: Is there a story that goes with this? A barking deer? They bark?

You have an interesting garden.

1 Like

Yes they do! :wink:

2 Likes

This fellow:

6 Likes

I’ve seen a Black squirrel before

Edit to Add - Oops!

i don’t know where my “Never” vanished to!

That post was supposed to be

“I’ve NEVER seen a Black squirrel before” -

1 Like

In fairness it was in the field rather than our back garden.

1 Like

It is still an interesting sighting.
Have you seen Black squirrels around where you live before?

Not where we live now but we had red squirrels in Scotland.(where I was born)>

1 Like

Same here ! :smile:

1 Like

Not in my garden but next door to me was an empty house and I popped in to cut some rubulb and there they are a lot of baby RATS.

Not weird but nice We have three types of possum in our backyard.Brushtail,Ringtail and Sugar Glider.

1 Like

a polecat,it ran into the patiodoors,it ran off,so guess it was ok

1 Like

I opened the front door for no particular reason on a very windy day. A hedgehog was on the doorstep. Must have been sheltering from the wind. I went to tell someone and when I returned a minute later it had disappeared.

1 Like