What's the most successful plant you've grown from seeds or seedlings?

I’ve grown a d couple things from seedlings. One was a tomato plant that grew so fast that I couldn’t keep up. There were cherry tomatoes everywhere. I cut it down after that first season because it made such a mess when I couldn’t keep up.

I also grew a few rose bushes from seedlings. Those grew like wild also, but I kept them. The roses are beautiful and smell wonderful.

What’s the most successful plant you’ve grown from seeds or seedlings?

Tomatoes from seedlings. Growing them in a polytunnel helps. Supported by canes as they grow and suspended with string tied to the polytunnel’s frame when they get bigger.

1 Like

Spider Plants, I hung it in the Bathroom and it just took off, lots and lots of young plants hanging from it. I take loads of them to the village shop for anyone who wants to take one, for free. I think it likes the steam in there.

2 Likes

A Victoria plum self seeded on our plot from an old tree. Last year we were picking bags of ripe purple plums from it several years later. Not much interference from us just let nature do it’s work and harvest the result.

1 Like

over the years, from seedlings - tomatoes, pumpkins, capsicums, aubergines, water melons. as well as flower annuals.

currently we have several lavender plants that have self seeded in our front yard from the one parent plant.

1 Like

A Mexican top hat,it grew to over 3 feet high.
I was over the moon with it tbh as i can kill artificial plants.

1 Like