What's the most significant advancement in your lifetime?

Mobile phone, it is like gold to me, it has so many memories in it. Also Google.

1 Like

Television sets. No sooner you get them home and set up they’re out of date and there’s a new model available.

1 Like

Internet scams…

I think some of the greatest advancements have come in medicine. In the ability to cure, prevent, control or eliminate diseases such as Smallpox, Polio. The improvement in diet leading to longer life expectancy and more. the list is endless.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Hi

Carbon Fibre, it has transformed sp many things.

1 Like

It has too. You got me thinking about this. Since it is produced from strings of carbon atoms, i wonder if it might help reduce the amount of carbon released into the atmosphere. Maybe they could create a carbon reserve to use for the manufacture of carbon fibre. Just a thought.

The Ebike. :biking_man: :grin:

Walking for the first time. December the third 1940 if memory serves.

Yes EZ, the greatest gift of all.

Its best to leave a situation, whilst still being capable of walking, probably :icon_wink:

Advancement in Cancer Treatments are remarkable…

Health is the most significant thing in our lives…

4 Likes

Health is the main one for us and the dogs,the next is Smart TV and how slim they are and smart phone, internet.

1 Like

My most significant Advancement was for our first ever Mortgage, when we used it to buy our fist ever house, in Davyhulme, Manchester! (3 bed semi - £1,625 in 1960)!.

Oops, sorry, off topic slip!

:beer: :tropical_drink:

The internet, amazon prime.

1 Like

From my point of view, I would now have to say all those modern body scanners with instant readouts :+1:

Personally, I’d say the evolution of TL3’s

Deffo changed my life :grin::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, the computer and all related software

1 Like

Coincidently, I’ve literally just received a warning from Microsoft Defender SmartScreen concerning a website I was about to open. This really dosed indicate to me that Windows Defender is quicker off the mark than all the other protection I have installed :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

And it could just confirm that all the Antivirus providers are watching each other’s output very closely & all the time.

A new virus pops up & keyboards are set to sing!

1 Like

Jet flight. Since the first De Havilland Comet back in late 40s up to the present day huge airliners. The safest way to travel? Not in the Comet it wasn’t.

1 Like