What's the most embarrassing thing you've done or seen in a restaurant?

I was in a restaurant at a buffet. There was an older man with a gray beard. He was there with two very young girls who were crawling all over him. They may have been related but it didn’t look like it to me. I was creeped out.

What’s the most embarrassing thing that you’ve done or seen in a restaurant?

1 Like

In a most excellent Chinese restaurant in Fleet, a colleague of mine and I often had a running joke about who made the biggest mess when eating spare ribs. Tablecloths and walls often got a smattering of barbecue sauce. One day my colleague somehow managed to get sauce on his shirt collar, behind his ear, so he took the lead in our unofficial tally, until a mister Brook joined us.

He managed to drop a rib into the dish, and sauce went everywhere, spattering the previously white tablecloth, and the rest of us.
Undeterred, he carried on, only to drop another rib leaving a smeary trail of sauce down his décolletage, his trouserings, and onto the floor. Invoking the five second rule, and not wanting to waste good food, he picked it up, wiped it off with a paper napkin, dipped it back in the sauce, and ate it.

I looked at our other colleague and simply said, “He’s won.”

I was in a Greek place in the 60’s and people started to smash plates and everyone was encouraged to join in.Apparently it’s gone out of fashion which is a shame.

2 Likes