What's the best way to dust without getting a dust cloud in the air?

I asked an AI chatbot about a way to dust without getting dust in the air. It said to dampen a microfiber cloth to dust.

Anyone have any better ideas?

No,sounds good.

1 Like

I could have just stuck with the chatbot’s advice then? Soon, no talking to people will be required. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That looks to be missing some key components.

That didn’t actually work for me. Maybe I need that expensive vacuum, in which case a microfiber cloth is much cheaper at 50 cents each. My vacuum cleaner had dust flying everywhere.

might need emptying

1 Like

Get an AI Bot in to do he cleaning, they’ll work for nothing. :smiley:

just leave the dust be, if you get rid of it, it will still come back

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

I’m with Quentin Crisp, just don’t dust.

“There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn’t get any worse.”

I just use an old fashioned yellow duster and a can of spray polish. And a fluffy thingy on a stick for bits I can’t reach

Neither put dust in the air?

1 Like

I usually run the dusting attachment of the vacuum cleaner over all surfaces in the room while I have the vacuum cleaner in there to clean the carpet.

I also use a microfibre dusting mitt when I want to give all the hard surfaces a more thorough clean.
I slightly dampen the bobbly side with a splash of water to pick up the dust, then use the smooth side dry to polish off the TV Screen and other shiny surfaces.

1 Like

1 Like

I just bought a store brand one of those. It looks exactly the same but the duster part looks more linty than the Swiffer brand. I haven’t tried it yet.

@butterscotch I once rang customer services because my brand new very expensive vacuum cleaner was blowing dust around and the lady on the other end said “I don’t mean to be rude but you must have a very dusty house. You need to dust first then vacuum”

1 Like

If you dust everyday, there is no way you will ever see a dust cloud. Lack of available dust… :wink:

That’s all very well for you to say but this is what happened the last time I dusted my house.

2 Likes

lol, did she tell you what to dust with before you vacuumed (hoovered)?

That’s the answer I’m looking for here. Or maybe a more helpful customer service rep. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It reminds me of people who clean the house before their cleaning service arrives in order to make a good impression on the cleaners.