What's the best meal you've ever had?

Both my best meals were only partially about the food. It had to do with the total experience.

The first was takeout pizza in San Francisco. It was one of the first times I traveled to San Francisco as an adult. I was tired, jet lagged and airsick. I don’t even remember the name of the place. I just remember thinking that it was the best pizza I had ever eaten. Maybe it was romanticized by the fact that I could never go back.

My other best meal was at Disneyland at a Japanese restaurant. I seem to remember it as chicken teriyaki but I was a vegan at the time so maybe it was tofu teriyaki. I just remember it as the best I had ever eaten.

What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?

2 Likes

An all you can eat Chinese,great food.
Sadly it has closed down due to Covid.

2 Likes

My Chicken Peri Peri and my Sons Lemon Chicken …

2 Likes

That’s a difficult one. Often, we did a nice fillet steak at our local restaurant. But we also travelled a bit and sometimes more exotic places attracted us. Crayfish in Cape Town was a hit. Another was the alligator steak in Georgia, USA.

2 Likes

I was about 12, it was on the shores of Lake Garda. Dad had brought us on one of his adventures with tent and his old Bedford van, driving all the way down from France

We’d made friends with an Italian family, like you do on camping sites and they took us out for dinner at a place where locals eat

It was amazing, first time I’d ever tried or seen tagliatelle, then grilled chicken with huge salad and crusty bread, little ice cold bottles of real lemonade followed by gelato

All eaten outside looking out at the lake, it was magical and like nothing I ever experienced before

I can remember it as if it was yesterday, not 54 years ago!

4 Likes

Our engagement dinner at a revolving restaurant atop a famous hotel which no longer exists. Sad!

It was a magical night and where hubby proposed after enjoying Château Briand for two with the best creamy peppercorn sauce. White German Wine (sorry red is appropriate but they serve it warm nuhuh!), Cherry Jubilee for dessert. 13 September 1984 great memories!

3 Likes

The last one I had

1 Like

You’ve got that spot on. The whole event is what makes a very good meal, superb.

3 Likes

My turkey Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding that i do all from scratch.

3 Likes

my first was in a restaurant called the old Vienna, it was either in Kilburn or it was in Handsworth Brum, i think the former, when you bought a steak you got a complimentry glass of red [at room temp] this was the early sixties and was my first reastaurant steak…
my second best was a proper burger at Fat Joes in Las Vegas… my god…complimentry Cokeacola…lol

1 Like

I would have asked for lots of ice cubes for that red wine glass. Can’t drink it warm ever lol!

Ponderosa Steakhouse on my work travels with hubby had a Wednesday special. However, for the level up steaks it was The Keg with sourdough unlimited bread and salad bars. We always ordered white wine or rosé lol! Thankfully, the manager didn’t like warm red wine either, so he took care of our order whenever we’d booked a table. Funky!

Breakfast on a school trip,on a train going through Switzerland.Fresh croissants,unsalted butter and apricot jam and real coffee (first time)

2 Likes

When did you lose your “Veganity”?

Not since then. Still got it.