What's something you got away with as a child that your parents never found out about?

You were cooking meth?! :wink:

1 Like

Well except for hanging around with boys,i was pretty much doing the same as you Maree.
I was a proper tomboy,to the degree that i was taken to hospital numerous times,broken wrist,cut my leg open,needed 36 stitches,climbed on the church roof fell off cut my head open more stitches,then climbed on a factory roof and fell through it,had to climb up the drainpipe to get out even more stitches.
We got to know the hospital staff very well.
I don`t remember the transition from tomboy to young woman lol.
|Thank god my parents were so lovely and understanding.

1 Like

It was a long time agoā€¦ that homemade angel dust plays havoc with the memory :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Too many to remember. Lit fires, climbed trees, pulled lead roofs off the farm buildings, nicked one of the farm tractorsā€¦

2 Likes

Going in the pub at 14 and pretending to be 18. And the same with X rated films at the cinema :scream:

2 Likes

No chance of pretending to be 18 againā€¦ not many X films showing in the local flea pit either, zero chance of being refused admission to see a AA film because I look under 14ā€¦ isnā€™t life strange :wink:

Blimey,and i thought scrumpy was naughty Besoeker.
You little devil you. :scream:

Bluddy nora Maree,just choked on my viennese whirl. :rofl:

1 Like

I got away with lots of things. I was a tomboy scamp!

1 Like

I started smoking when I was quite young.Neither of them did.Oh ! and we used to steal them from the local shop.

2 Likes

The year was 1944 I was 13 years old and robot flying bombs aka doodle bugs were raining down on Southern England. On the way home from school during raids I did not go into a shelter. Instead, I collected pieces of warm shrapnel to add to my collection. I did not tell my mother what I had done. I thought I was invincible. Not for the first time in my life I was extremely lucky.

3 Likes

Luck must shine on you. That was extremely risky.

The entire box or just singles?

Chucking lumps of Bazooka Joe bubblegum on the heads of unwary tourists in Park Lane.
I have much affection for the old 137 route.

I thought youā€™d be too young to know about singles.
Yes ,they were easier of course :grinning:

Nah, Iā€™m an old lady. Over the hill soon.

I donā€™t think mixing with us oldies is doing you any good :grinning:

1 Like

I swear that Iā€™m trying to get out of my comfort zone and get out and about in reality (confidence was never my strong point). But, Iā€™m putting myself out there. Going to fake it until I make it.

I think most of us do.

1 Like

Too much to list but a few I remember

Hitchhiking all over the place with my friend when we were 15/16.
Mum and Dad never knew.

Being about 10 and sprinkling tiny drips of Mumā€™s Eau de Cologne on the open fire while she was upstairs. The colours of the flames were beautiful so I increased the amount and it went whoosh and the flames shot out towards me and singed my hair so I had to get some scissors and cut my fringe and sides of hair.

Nearly biting right through my tongue when I fell onto concrete off a climbing bar by doing something stupid. We never got much sympathy as Mum and Dad usually said it was our fault.

1 Like