What's on Netflix

Nice to see you Minx

1 Like

No I don’t think so, it has German and Russian with subtitles and UK accents too.

However I have watched dubbed series on Netflix eg Gone for Good and found them perfectly watchable even with my native British xenophobia, there’s even a Polish one on my list which has obviously been dubbed by pommies (haven’t watched it yet).

1 Like

As I am getting near the end of The Defeated I thought I would have a look for another limited series and came across One Day. I have only watched one episode but it looks promising.

@AnnieS - lots of pommie accents, no dubbing :wink:

1 Like

If you need a lighthearted film to take up the odd 80 minutes or so you could do a lot worse than “The Breaker Upperers”. It’s a Kiwi film, but a lot of fun.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I had started watching “One Day”.

I am already on the final episode. It is an absolutely brilliant series, couldn’t recommend it enough. Only half hour episodes but incredibly watchable I ended up watching a couple each day.

1 Like

Falling for Figari - Netflix

A delightful tale with good music and handsome men

Am watching “Operation Buffalo” , it’s a six part series based on the Maralinga atomic bomb tests in the 1950s (apparently Yorkshire was double booked that week).

There is espionage, murder, dirty tricks, government incompetence and so much more. and quite enjoying it. 55 minute episodes.

I just watched a film on Netflix that I enjoyed very much. An emotional roller coaster starring Billy Crystal as a stage writer with dementia.

Here Today

I am at a loss at the moment as I have just finished a couple of series that I was watching.

3 Body Problem which was pretty good and…

Working’ Mums which I enjoyed far more than I expected

I tried a series called Thursday’s Widows but couldn’t get into that all so am looking for a series to watch. Actually preferably two series, one, a time filler 20 to 30 minute episodes and perhaps a limited series with hour(ish) long episodes.

I’ve seen “The Talented Mr. Ripley”, 1999 film, but this new, neo-noir, black & white, 8 part series is something else. Called simply “Ripley”.

was trying to post a trailer, but I think I’m being penalised for derailing one the boss’s posts.

If and when I renew my subscription, I want to see the Three Body Problem series, although I’m not entirely sure what’s it about, I do like good science fiction.

I recently watched Fool Me Once, with Michelle Keegan and Joanna Lumley, both being foul mouthed to each other. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but spoilt my viewing by Googling the series so knew how it ended,

Both really good series, enjoyed them very much.

1 Like

Empress Ki Trailer (youtube.com)

Yes that is good. One of the Harlan Coben series.

Correct. Thought the script and acting was excellent.

Michelle Keegan is it? I never saw her before that, but since seen her in Ten Pound Poms currently on iPlayer. She’s good in that too.

The Promise

With Christian Bale

A gripping story on the Armenian Genocide by the Ottoman Turks .

Not normally my kind of thing, but …

Baby Reindeer is a British dark comedy psychological drama-thriller miniseries created by and starring Richard Gadd. An adaptation of Gadd’s autobiographical one-man show of the same name, the series is based on Gadd’s real life experience of being stalked and sexually assaulted in his 20s.

Yep, just finished it myself. I couldn’t stop watching but I am not sure I enjoyed it, it was very disturbing.