Whats in store for you

Good for you OGF, when you arrive at these trigs, do you think of the past folks who set them there?

Thanks for the suggestion Eliza, but after spending over forty years racing around the hills and dales of the British Isles, its time to take things easy and perhaps smell the flowers instead of tramping them down…
Man Tor is on my hit list…

How do you find them?

There are plenty of sites on the internet Mr Smith, and they are all marked on ordnance survey maps. Incidentally, I only use maps to locate them, never electronic means other than the initial search on the laptop. I note down the grid reference of about five reasonably close together for a days hunting and drive to the locations. Hunting is then done on foot. Sometimes they are just a few hundred yards of the road, and sometimes they require a long walk.

3 Likes

We’ve booked a caravan holiday in North Wales with my family in May. Looking forward to visiting Portmeirion while we’re there…

Also the much anticipated Hot Air Balloon ride with my son. It was supposed to happen last year but three times it got cancelled because the thermals weren’t right.

In between times I like to go on bus trips to visit National Trust properties and short breaks at the seaside with Tony.

1 Like

I’m hoping to do a tour of Italy :it:

Have to get the garden sorted this year …then who knows…we will probably move again

1 Like

It is Bruce. He’s probably the most famous resident, quite a substantial monument I believe.

You have a lot to look forward to @carol . I went to Portmerion years ago its a lovely place , I loved the different buildings .
Shame about the Balloon ride , hope you get some good thermals this year .

@summer Tour of Italy sounds abusy time lots to see. You will need to put your feet up when you get back … Get a Gardener in to do the work for you …

1 Like

OGF

With any collecting or bagging project it has to be feasible or attainable, otherwise you’re doomed to failure before you start - well that’s my opinion anyway
This applies to anything, from stamps to model planes to Munros; and what’s OK for one person might be too hard or too easy for another

I have known about the Munros since the start of my hillwalking career, aged about 17 or 18, and I could already see that it was not only a mountaineering problem, there was also travel and expense
However I have done all the Wainwrights, and although there are other lists, that was enough

It’s nice to think you could do more, but I think settling for just trig pillars in England would be enough, on the grounds of doing one thing fully
You could start by doing the furthest N, E, S, W, and the highest & lowest, which presumably would be Scafell Pike, and I hear there are a couple in East Anglia that are below sea level
Also in England you might find some of the access tricky, both physically and for permission

Like I said, it’s all part of the fun!

1 Like

Gardening, hopefully. Get the allotment up and running.
A couple of holidays in between. Maybe I will get round to booking a week away in a caravan with Holly in the warmer weather. I just have to be mindful of anything that is growing, though, and needing watering.

Got two trips planned in the coming weeks, Holly going to her carer. A few days down in London, see family and friends, and then the coach trip oop to Whitby.

1 Like

@Jazzi I know you can get your allotment done … sounds like you got a plan with time away …

I must think about booking another Holiday , I went to Norfolk in October last year , and Derbyshire Dales last Month for my Birthday treat.
I Like Scarbrough / Bridlington , or I may do another trip up dales …

Not much in the immediate months as OH is going in hospital for back op. However, going to see Robbie Williams in August and going on The Northern Belle train in Sept.

Hopefully we will also get two separate weeks away abroad maybe June and late Sept.

1 Like

I thought Robbie had retired , wow , love is songs, as he a new album out or is he doing is old songs …
I pretty sure Ive been on The Northern Belle , it was a very cold Train, just had a look , and I dont think it was the same Train . It was no way Luxury , took along while to get steam up .

I was traveling Solo again and it was a bit Agatha Christy , I sat opposite an old dear ,Table between us , we said a hello , and then this younger man half her age I guessed , sat next to her …
So some chit chat went between them and I worked out they knew each other . As the conversation went on I realised it was a close relation …

Gosh was it his Mother or something else , he got up again to take some photos from the Platform ,
The old Dear must have seen my brain working overtime , when she piped up and said hes my brother . haha …
Even so he was a good deal younger and I thought well not the same mother maybe …

The train made a noise as if starting and he sat down again next to her … The journey continued in Silence .

Hope all goes well for your Hubbys Operation , and you get away somewhere nice and warm ,
Id avoid Turkey though …

2 Likes

Very observant Eliza…Like it…
:sunglasses:

Here you go!

Robbie Williams is definitely still going strong. :+1:

1 Like

Did you enjoy the train ?
I ask as I’m booked to go on the Belmond

Hope all goes well for you hubbys operation .

1 Like

Our train trip is not until Sept.

Yours looks lovely.

thanks

1 Like

Seems to be a Good way to see Britain , Enjoy …

I had a conversation about the Night train from London to Scotland ,and this person said it would have been cheaper to spend the night on the train , than in the London Hotel… and wake up to a day in Scotland .When I looked at the Night Train I was surprised how nice the sleeping quarters were

1 Like

I have that on my hit list for this year as well.

1 Like