What would you make with these food items?

Recently, I was misdelievered some food items. As I’m getting over the annoyance of getting rid of the items, I’ve been thinking of what the person was making with them.

Far be it from me to judge other people’s food choices since I love potato chips (crisps) so much, but I saw a very similar basket of ingredients on a cooking show called BBQ Brawl. The ingredients were in a container called Bachelor Pad that the contestants had to cook with.

Here’s some of them.

A carton of milk
American cheese in single serve wrap
Avocados
Blueberries
Saltines
A can of tuna fish
A can of cooking spray with avocado oil
12 cans of Pepsi, 12 cans of Sprite
A jar of sweet pickle relish
A jar of Claussen pickles (sour)
2 TV dinners (didn’t look at them)
Yellow and green zucchini (courgette)

If you got this basket of ingredients and had to make something with it, what would you make?

Well - courgetti spaghettii comes to mind - with the tuna. The milk , avocado and the cheese could make a sauce. Blueberries with yoghurt could be pudding. Not at all sure about the rest! Sorry, Butterscotch.

1 Like

That’s better than I did.

My idea was smoothie with the milk, blueberries, avocado and maybe the zucchini, all blended in a high speed blender.

The canned tuna mixed with sweet pickle relish and pickle slices on either saltines or cut up yellow squash.

Maybe the cheese gets melted over the TV dinner, although I don’t know what the dinner is.

All that, washed down with Pepsi and Sprite.

Nothing wrong with those ingredients, I’m sure they had other stuff to go with them :+1:

A carton of milk - in tea and coffee, smoothies, cheese sauce, custard, on cereal

American cheese in single serve wrap -
cheese sauce, on the saltines, in sandwiches, on top of courgette bake

Maybe they were planning burgers with the cheese, pickles and relish?

Avocados - on toast, in salad, with the tuna, in a smoothie

Blueberries- on their own as fruit, in a smoothie with the advocado and milk, sprinkled on cereal or salad, in a pie, with custard from the milk or pancakes

Saltines - topped with the cheese or tuna or with cocktails, crushed and used as a savoury topping for courgette bake

A can of tuna fish - salad, fishcakes, in a courgette bake, on the saltines, stuffed courgettes

A can of cooking spray with avocado oil - to fry the fishcakes or courgettes

12 cans of Pepsi, 12 cans of Sprite - I guess they just drink these.
You can use Pepsi for cooking chicken or Gammon and cleaning the loo!

I’d go for cocktails, Jack Daniels is good with Pepsi and ice, Sprite with rum and mint and lime for a Mojito

Or freeze as ice pops

A jar of sweet pickle relish- for the burgers or on the saltines with the cheese

A jar of Claussen pickles (sour) - on the burgers, in mayo on the fish cakes, in batter for fried pickled bar snacks with the cocktails

2 TV dinners (didn’t look at them) - they are what they are. Eat them for dinner when you’re in the middle of a big project and don’t have time to cook

Yellow and green zucchini (courgette) - in cheese sauce with the milk and cheese and baked, topped with crushed saltines, baked courgette fries, sprayed with the cooking oil, baked and stuffed with tuna, courgette and tuna fritters, courgetti

1 Like

Eat the TV dinners, make a tuna sandwich and a cup of tea and put the rest in the compost.

1 Like

I agree that there’s nothing wrong with these ingredients. I did get the sense that this person didn’t eat at home often. The other items were Crystal Light drink mix powder and Super Glue. I can’t say exactly why I think this person doesn’t eat at home much. Maybe it was the lack of protein (meat). You could be right though. This might just be a fill-in order with them having a freezer full of meat at home.

I haven’t seen fishcakes made from canned tuna before. Sounds interesting.

lol I’ve heard of using Pepsi to clean the toilet before. Sounds quite sticky. Maybe I should try it. Throwing it out is a huge hassle since I have to empty the cans first, so they’re still sitting there.

1 Like

It’s interesting, isn’t it, the difference between countries, making fishcakes with tinned fish s commonplace here, it’s what you do when the cupboards are a bit bare!

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/tuna-fishcakes-with-salsa-verde.html

Actually, looking at those food items you got, maybe they’re pescatarians?

They are very tasty!