What would you advise your 40 year old self

What about redheads? Not got round to one of them yet? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I just realised what a brave man Seeker is!

Nobody, but nobody, goes on an old peopleā€™s site and asks for advice and gives them a chance to talk about their years gone by!

3 Likes

ā€œOld peopleā€™sā€ @Maree ? How very dare you?

Speak for yourselfšŸ˜‰

2 Likes

Come of it, if youā€™re posting on here youā€™re over the hill! Otherwise youā€™d be off sending pics of your undies on Whatapp or poaching eggs in a ladle on TikTok :joy:

Iā€™m 64 and ā€˜course thatā€™s old, ā€˜bloody lucky to have lived this longā€™ as my granny used to say when people moaned about getting old

And us old folk do love to talk about the past and give unsolicitated advice, donā€™t we?

Seekerā€™s just begging for it! :joy:

3 Likes

Live long and prosper

1 Like

Very clever.You want them all for yourself.

1 Like

That was wonderful. I am overwhelmed. Thank you.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a real treasure.

Those who do not like to listen or get advise from elderly people miss out on wealth of knowledge.

2 Likes

Thats lovely. Yes my weight crept on it was 70kg/11 stone after surgery & now it is 90kg/14 stone. Iā€™m 5ā€™10.

I was pushing myself to go for brisk walk everyday & ended up not going at all.

Now I have decide to go 3 days / per week. This has taken off the pressure to go everyday and now I have been doing my walk regularly every week from last 1 month.

I guess I m on a right path with this one.

2 Likes

Initially I was skeptical about leaving my 9to5 job and becoming self employed.

But my health circumstances pushed me out of my comfort zone. I became self employed & never looked back! it proved best decision ever

Something good came out of my suffering. :+1:

1 Like

Give us time, weā€™ll wear you down :rofl:

Nice to see you replying, I hope you stick around. Itā€™s a fun forum despite Dextrousā€™ great age :wink: :rofl: and I think youā€™ll enjoy it.

Well done on the walking and making time to look after yourself xxx

2 Likes

I still wonder if I should go for accounting course or may be taxation. But then I think I am 40 now, so instead of starting something new if I try to grow my taxi business, I can still earn better money & I love driving :grin:

1 Like

Never take advice from a Newbie. :grin: :icon_wink: :bike:

1 Like

Welcome to OFC. Enjoy your time here :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™d tell my 40 year old self to stop studying so much and spend more quality time with my two children. They grow so quickly and the time is lost forever.

1 Like

Stark reality, but at least you do not have major regrets.

Thank you. Unfortunately, the choice window gets more narrow as we age.

Thank you for the kind words.

Wow. You are wayyyy ahead of your time mate. :blush:

Hope you donā€™t mind me asking, what do you do?

Not necessarily!

These days mainly I try to maintain house,garden,birds,dog and BH.