What will you be getting for Black Friday?

My first Black Friday special purchase. I got the Black Friday Hulu special of 99 cents per month for a year.

Anyone else get anything on Black Friday?

It’s still going on here should be called a Dirty Grey Tuesday.

A Torch. :flashlight: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Nothing for me. I’d like a food mixer. Want it, don’t really need it. So it can wait.

Anything else I just buy as and when.

Though I have recently bought two ebooks from Amazon at 99p each.

1 Like

Hi

I am having to change my lifestyle, so yes, got a lot of what now are becoming essentials.

I have recalcitrant Angina and Vascular Disease with Intermittent Claudication and Heart Failure.

This means I can have a fall anytime.

I have spent several hundred on automating my house and reorganising my kitchen and cooking arrangements.

Lifting a tray of hot fat out of the oven is not something I can do without risk anymore.

I have bought things I have been advised to do by the Occupational Therapists.#

I consider it money well spent and the discounts were good.

It is not all fully installed yet, Cyber Monday was yesterday, some has not even been delivered yet.

The intention is that by next Monday everything will be installed and working.

Cameras with voice control for security, new cooking equipment, auto matic heating and lighting, with voice control.

A new wearable motion detector, with BP, Pulse and Oxygen Saturation levels, which will dial the alarm system with the key code to get into the house, if I do not respond.

The fish tank lights are automated, as is the feeding system for 14 days.

I am very independent and new technology allows this.

1 Like

I’ve just bought a Digger!

Digger

Nothing to do with black Friday I’m afraid, I buy stuff when I want regardless of sales etc.
I’ve recently discovered a passion for diggers, so what better way to own and drive one than with this Radio Controlled scale model. I suspect the garden is going to get a makeover…
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Omah’s post #25 (ish) is well worth referring to in case you missed it!!!

Had a look at AO with an eye on getting a tumble drier. Curiously, all the other driers for around the same price bracket as the one on their Black Friday deal were out of stock. Funny old coincidence, eh?

An Ad Blocker :roll_eyes:

Its Tuesday now and I’m STILL getting adverts for it “Last chance!!” “Don’t miss this”

I was going to mention that it’s curious that people see so many ads. I rarely see any at all. I had to go looking for the Hulu special and keep an eye out for it. Someone told me about it last year, so I’ve been watching for it. Without that, I would not have known anything about it.

I do most of my shopping online. I go right to my home page, so I skip all the ads on the front page.

If it weren’t for me looking for anything this year, it might have escaped my notice entirely.

1 Like

Good idea, AdBlock works well and there’s a free version too.

Doubtful if you can win anyway, this year I noticed a new one following ‘Black Friday’ – ‘Cyber Monday’! No doubt another import from ‘across the pond’ to get us to spend money!
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

Not a thing, I can’t be bothered with it all. I like to buy what I want/need throughout the year, mostly from Ebay and Amazon.

2 Likes

Not so new. Cyber Monday started in 2005. In 2009, a Guardian article wrote that Cyber Monday had become the busiest online shopping day of the year in the UK. Cyber Monday in Wikipedia

New to me that is, not that I pay much attention to any ‘sales’. ‘Cyber Monday’ according to Wikipedia originated from the United States:

Your link didn’t appear to work, I found another article from the Guardian in 2009 in which it’s stated ‘For Cyber Monday in the US, read Mega Monday here [UK]’, whatever it’s called and wherever it originated the main aim is to get people to spend online it seems:

1 Like

Ah, so you think that if the US hadn’t thought of it, the people in the UK wouldn’t have figured out a way to capitalize on online sales? :upside_down_face: :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Black Friday 2021 didn’t go as well as last year for some retailers, according to this article. Many of the deals weren’t as good as they might normally be due to inventory shortages that are affecting everyone.

That was written before Cyber Monday.

No, not at all, far from it. I feel sure there are just as many clever people in both the UK and US very capable of devising ways of promoting sales like this. I am also aware that it’s been said for years that what happens in the US, be that good, bad or indifferent, will be seen here in the UK within ten years.
:thinking: :upside_down_face: :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t usually bother but I did get an Echo dot each for my cousins kids because they were reduced to two for one and I know their dad’s got one but they haven’t

1 Like

Same in this household. If we need something and it’s available in a sale somewhere then it’s win-win but we don’t specifically wait for a sale to buy anything we need.

1 Like

We got a slow cooker / pressure cooker /crock pot. We bought it this day since it was 35% off

1 Like

I got a headache :face_with_head_bandage:

Seriously though, our Pharmacy were advertising everything less 50% ! So, I rushed there to weigh myself :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes