What was your latest DIY project?

We have just spent a year doing DIY as we moved and one of the last jobs was to put new slabs by the front door as that area looked a fright when i moved in…Allthough we have decorated every room i am plotting the living room get done again…I keep my husband busy as i am allways thinking of things to do…
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t133/dandelion56/spring11/002-7.jpg

It all looks extremely neat and tidy Mary and very smart :slight_smile:

That looks lovely, Mary… :slight_smile:

I like DIY. But must say I like Meg like to be finished when I start. Although I do like to plan more now and like the old saying measure twice cut once.:lol:

Oh my most recent was the bedroom, stipped wallpaper emulsioned the ceiling painted woodwork, linned then wallpapered. Just finished the living room too and little earlier in the year did the kitchen and moved some bits around int front and back garden including slab laying and building a raised front step, and laying a front path.

I recently had men in to put some pvc cladding and new drain pipes ,guttering up and it was a nightmare with scaffolding everywhere and men clattering around,So glad its done with now…I have a couple of projects that need doing outside but husband is saying it can wait till march…

It tires me just reading about these projects! :roll: :mrgreen:

Nah it is good when you are doing them, honesty it never seems like work to me. If it did I would not do it I imagine thats because its something I want to do not being forced to do.:mrgreen: Different if people were on my back what I do is my idea not anyone elses.

Just finished making a rabbit run for my granddaughters pet bunny (Oliver) what a name for a rabbit, I told her to call it stew, I dont think she was too impressed:twisted:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/harandal/Photo0270.jpg;-)

Very smart aich, I hope Ste… I mean Oliver likes it, lucky bunny.

That’s nice, aitch … good size too.:slight_smile:

thanks ladies for your remarks, I suppose thats another fine mess ive gotten myself into, I will be on rabbit watch (as well as guinea pigs) when holidays come around next year, but they have promised to take me to the cinema as payment for making it, so Herges adventures of Tin Tin here I come.

I bet you’ll enjoy looking after the rabbits …not sure about the cleaning out though!:lol:

Hope you enjoy the film, I saw the trailer last week and it looked quite good.

I dont mind the cleaning out, having dealt with all manner of pets belonging to my daughters over the years, usually they bring them to my place, but with the rabbit and a double decker hutch, it will be a case of going to their house and seeing to them daily;-)

Beautiful job Aitch, you got a great pair of hands.

Stew Rabbit:lol:.

Aitch :slight_smile: that would be ideal for keeping the birds off my strawberries .

Ive never been overly good at woodwork, but always tried to do my best, at one time I was into making model caravans, windmills and ships, I made a few £ for a while, but could never keep up with it, I was more for demolition than building, although I did build both my grandchildren a toy box each, a box and seat at the same time, they still have them, this is the grandson on his box, he is 16 next birthday, and there was not one nail or screw used in the construction of these boxes, all joints were fixed with wooden dowels :wink:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/harandal/joestoybox.jpg

That’s a very impressive toy box, aitch… well done! :slight_smile:

That’s a lovely chest/seat you made, you’re really talented. That will be a family heirloom to be handed down to the next generation! :smiley:

What a lovely toy box you made Aitch, you’re very good with your hands! :slight_smile:

I made one for my granddaughter, as well as a 2 tier set of dolls bunk beds, I will see if I can find the photos and put them on for you to look at, and they both still have them :cool: