What was your latest DIY project?

At the second attempt I managed to sharpen a pencil using my newly acquired pencil sharpener.
If there had been an instruction booklet I might have managed it at the first attempt.

Last one decorated the hall and stairs next will be the spare bedroom…turning into an office (hopefuly)

Oh my Gosh my Kitchen is in the process of being done…will post pics in time x

My last DIY project involved paying someone to lay laminate. My next DIY project will be to watch someone paint the front windows. :smiley:

Last project inside was decorating the Bathroom which we did in July I have been on holiday from work and we have painted the garden fence which was a momoth task but all done now and well pleased with the results …
Nero noticed the barbed wire on the gate have you got toe rags like we have around where you live we have barbed wire all along the top of our fence as we were burgled 2 times in a month but touch wood since putting the wire up no problems also my husband is evil as on top of the gate he has knocked nails in and cut off the heads evil man…

Errrrmmmmmmmm… putting together YumYum’s activity centre, which I might add also included using a Philips screwdriver ~ unsupervised! http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/SageCat/Curtsey.gif

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr237/SageCat1/05-03-09_0344-1.jpg

Well done SageCat, YumYum looks pretty satisfied with your efforts!:smiley:

You did that all by yourself, SageCat? Wow! Well done, I sweetalked a friend into assembling Leia’s cat tree for me. Leia “helped” of course while I sat back, made approving noises and enjoyed a martini! :mrgreen:

:lol: YumYum did try to help ~ or should I say hinder! ~ which mainly consisted of her sitting on each bit as I needed it!

We’ve now started on the Bathroom :slight_smile: I don’t like decorating though, so it takes ages LOL

I do precious little for myself as can’t be fussed after doing all day for others. I’ve had a few clients tell me to do the same quality of work for them as I would for myself. I quickly tell them, “no, you don’t”, as stuff I do for myself is functional but doesn’t always look the best. :slight_smile:

I GMI! (Get a mate in). Guy down the road is going to concrete my grate so I can put a new gas fire in… well, his dad can. :wink:

Bob, who gave you permission to photgraph my house :wink:

<My husband tried to make a raised bed on a piece of garden. Sounds easy - 4 pieces of wood - he made such a fuss - cant tell him it looks really crap. I’ll now have to plant some flowers that will fall over the structure.

lol we now have to go down the line of gsi,
i used to do the painting but this is getting too much now,
and as far as my husbands diy skills are concerned, he doesent know which way up the screwdriver goes, bless him,

I painted one room a couple of years ago then called in a pro (known here as Ford Prefect) to do the kitchen for me. Oh, and if changing a light bulb counts I’ve got lots of experience at that. :wink:

My husband started the living room last year - I am waiting for him to finish off the skirting boards - his reply - no-one looks down there.

I don’t do DIY. I do IPYD! (I pay, you do!) :mrgreen:

The last thing I did in DIY was a little wooden box for the Wife (not for the reason you think) to put flowers in, she had bought the planks of treated wood and had me pestered for weeks to make it. I never made anything from planks before so she was taking a big chance, however I was surprised at how well it turned out. Now all the neighbours want one but I tell them I only do one-offs.

I am now on a mission to get all the jobs done round the house starting with the Hallway/landing. Have now covered my holes in the hallway. The wall I painted Monday - dont like the colour so will have to repaint it (more money). Going to paint the hallway doors the weekend (the ones my husband was going to do last year). Im going to be busy.