What was your latest DIY project?

What a lovely toy box you made Aitch, you’re very good with your hands! :slight_smile:

I made one for my granddaughter, as well as a 2 tier set of dolls bunk beds, I will see if I can find the photos and put them on for you to look at, and they both still have them :cool:

I hope your family pass these down through the generations aitch, you are very skilled.

No one in my family ever took up carpentry for a living, being mainly employed in the mines or on the railway, and I have only 2 daughters, so I cant see them getting involved with woodwork, never mind at least I left them a small legacy, this is the 2 tier cot I made
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/harandal/elliescot.jpg
and this was the other toy box
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/harandal/elliescot2.jpg,
pink for my little lady, with a padded seat.:wink:

Lucky girls to have such a talented, loving daddy!

I would have loved to have that two-tier cot when I was little! I could play with today actually, put baby to bed, take her out again … (sorry)
Wooden toys take me back to my childhood.
The chest is wonderful, especially little Ellie:)

That two tier cot would have been just the job for my twins … pity I didn’t know of you in those days, aitch, I would have ordered one from you!;-):lol:

By the way aitch, you’ve got our carpet!

yer nor avin it back Maryl, and would you believe I still have it in one of my bedrooms, I definitly wont throw good carpets away (at least not axminster) I have a good neighbour who has a carpet cleaning business, so every so often he does a job lot for me, cheaper than buying new for rooms that are only ever used a few times a year.:cool::wink:

I’ve had mine years too, I chose it so that it wouldn’t show the dirt with the dogs in and out all day :blush: It gets cleaned and is as good as new. If you lose something little on the floor it’s a job trying to find it!

I thought of your twins Mags as soon as I saw the double cot. Its great!!

Love the other toy box as well Aitch, you’re very clever:-D

you are very clever, they are very lucky having you as a grandad.

Thank you ladies, flattery will get you any where, and I forgot to mention the cots seperate to make 2 single ones, I would like to make other things, but my eyes arent as good as they were, and to get down to intricate work is no longer possible, due to (as my wife used to say) Arthur Ritus in both knees, I have one more project to do, a gate to go across my daughters drive, so they can sunbathe without being seen from the road, the only problem is the drive is 10 feet wide, and they want the gate to be at least 5 feet high but easily shifted to allow the car to access the drive., but for that they will have to wait till the new year.:wink:

And the sunbathing season is definitely over now, aitch! :smiley:

you have certainly got that right dandysmom;-)

With a husband who has been handicapped all the years of our marriage (nearly 50 now) I am an expert at DIY. lol
I painted, laid new flooring, wallpapered, cut grass, shoveled snow etc. etc.

I need Tommy Walsh!!! Ruddy drain problem still not resolved, OH thought he’d fixed it after sludge gulper been put into service, now I can see a deep pool developing again & OH not here. Last Sunday was in a queue for [B]2 HOURS[B] on water boards “emergency service” line. Is a complete joke so my next DIY project may be trying to get my pressure washer to the area for a temporary fix. I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY :mad:

Aw Lynn I can empathise . We used to have a big problem here with blocked drains , this was before the recent change with water boards taking responsibility for any problem.
In the end the 5 houses affected clubbed together to pay for a ‘Pipe Eye’ camera survey which revealed a collapsed pipe (possibly due to heavy farm vehicles using our little lane) fortunately this was covered on the house insurance so we only had to pay the excess:-)
I hope you resolve your problem soon.

Don’t laugh, but I’m working on some hardware which will let me have easy access to plugs and sockets and allow remote operation of my PC and media players, whilst I recover from a hip replacement I will be having whilst avoiding the need to bend over and climb over stuff to get into awkward corners.

we had a new deckput on the back