What was your favourite subject at school?

English

1 Like

Basic Grammar. You missed off an apostrophe or a comma at your peril!

2 Likes

Woodwork, Metalwork and Scienceā€¦Things that blew up mainlyā€¦
:boom:
Passionate about anything electrical, so much so, Iā€™ve got an electronics lab in the loft and still build stuffā€¦

2 Likes

Mathematics.

1 Like

speling ; speeling ; erhm spilling ; erhm nah spelling ah!!

2 Likes

Get words wrong, rarely numbers.

2 Likes

I was first year secondary school - I was 11 years old. I got the belt/strap for four incorrect spellings. It was the first and last time.

2 Likes

Pottery & English Lit.

1 Like

English and history were my favorites.

1 Like

@Besoeker thatā€™s dreadful! Iā€™m glad that sort of treatment does not go on today, though I do think schools have not got it right yet. Discipline does not require violence

But it fixed the problem at a stroke.

1 Like

Eng, Hist, Art. loved 'em.

2 Likes

No it doesnā€™t .
Parants should teach children how to behave teachers should educate them in subjects they need to learn .
However rude disruptive children make it difficult for any child in the class to learn .

1 Like

Mathematics was the easiest, you just had to apply the rules: Theorems, Formulas etc., that never changed.

History was more interesting, but lots stuff to remember, names & dates ā€¦

3 Likes

Woodwork,metalwork and building work building houses with small bricks and small windows and doors.Prepared us for leaving school and getting proper jobs.

4 Likes

@Bretrick For me it was Physics & Chemistry with perhaps maths when I was in the right frame of mind.

1 Like

Domestic science, crafts,music, the music was a double lesson and it was split between 2 teachers in 2 separate rooms.
One was sewing, knitting and embroidery.

1 Like

Smokers Corner :icon_wink:

3 Likes

Best place to study Social Science :grin:

2 Likes

I disliked school immensely but Economic History actually made sense.

Instead of random events in history unrelated to other events it put them in context and provided a timeline and a reason for why things happened when they did.

Physics also made sense but Chemistry less so, adding one colourless liquid to another colourless liquid to make a third colourless liquid didnā€™t capture the imagination (however throwing all the chemicals into the sink at once at the end of the lesson did add a bit of excitement to the proceedings)

2 Likes