What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?

The last one that stuck with me since I had never heard it before was a middle-aged lady saying “You have a slender neck”. That came as a surprise because I wouldn’t have expected a lady of that age to say that to me while I was lying next to her stripped to the waist.
Ahh , well, it was my cardiologist who said that while examining my carodit artery with cardiac ultrasound. She said imaging plaque in the artery was far easier when a neck is slender. Yes, that compliment was a bit technical. I wouldn’t have wanted to hear the exact opposite, though. That’s why I took it as a compliment.

2 Likes

Most recent was today - complimenting my cooking skills.

Come to think of it, most of the compliments I have received in the last decade have been in respect of my cooking skills or my “listening” and “counselling” skills.

That’s OK - I am at that age of not worrying about my looks or sex appeal - if the folk I love appreciate my cooking and nurturing or find it useful to use me as a sounding board to help solve their dilemmas, then I’m glad to be of some help. :kissing_heart: :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

I remember that, you were 39 at the time. :wink:

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

No doubt you have received plenty of compliments over the years.
Forgetfulness comes with those years.
I compliment you on your honesty. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bretrick Overheard from a fantastic little 5yo Ukrainian girl in my household … “no mummy, I want Ganda to bath me coz he’s gentle”. Shez only 5 and already her grasp of English amazes me while I’m still struggling to master Ukrainian.

2 Likes

You’re right. I take compliments for granted, I receive so many I don’t know what a compliment is anymore. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My friend told me last week, that I was amazing ! She made me cry !

2 Likes

Mrs Fox told me that I remind her of the sea, I said deep and mysterious, she said no…You make me sick…
:astonished:

3 Likes

Oops….LOL

1 Like

Can’t remember the last time I got a compliment.

1 Like

Well I like you scot…
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Funnily enough it was this morning. A lady about my age said I had a lovely complexion and clearly look after my skin. I was secretly thrilled!

I think it’s in the genes because my Mum had fabulous skin and even at 97 when she passed away she hardly had a wrinkle.

3 Likes

Always nice to receive compliments, especially from strangers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A few weeks ago at the local leisure centre. I joined as a temp member as I thought about swimming (still thinking, lol) and the young receptionist said I didn’t look my age.

2 Likes

That is always a great thing to hear. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You don’t sweat much for a fat bloke.

2 Likes

Actually, I gave two compliments to a clerk and a customer yesterday. The clerk was ringing out a scented candle, said she loved that particular one, but couldn’t afford one at this time. The customer offered to buy her one, she said, “no, thanks anyway” and the customer went back and got another one, so the clerk rang it up. The customer handed it to her. I complimented the customer, telling her that was a kind gesture. Then, the clerk came around the desk and hugged the woman. Again, I said it doesn’t happen often to see this display or open gratefulness.
Then…the clerk said, “it also doesn’t happen often that a customer as yourself recognizes kindness and waits patiently.”

A good day for all of us!

1 Like

A lady is several doors up for us. She has problems with her legs and needs nurses with help. But she always asks If I am well. She is a charming lady.

2 Likes

My friend told me i was amazing !

3 Likes