What was the last "Book Series" you read?

I am currently reading the second book of Terry Pratchett/Stephen Baxter’s, The Long Earth series.
1 - The Long Earth,
2 - The Long War,
3 - The Long Mars,
4 - The Long Utopia,
5 - The Long Cosmos
The “Long Earth” is a name given to a possibly infinite series of parallel worlds that are similar to Earth, which can be reached by using an inexpensive device called a “Stepper”.
The “close” worlds are almost identical to “our” Earth (referred to as “Datum Earth”), while others differ in greater and greater details.
All share one similarity: on none are there, or have there ever been, Homo sapiens - although the same cannot be said for earlier hominid species, especially Homo habilis.
Enjoyable read so far

3 Likes

I don’t think I have read any of those, have read all the Disc World books and the Carpet People plus another where the Earth was being created (forget the title) but none of the Long Earth books. I thought they were for children and I tend to avoid collaboration books (like Good Omens - which I didn’t enjoy)

1 Like

The Lord Edgington books by Benedict Brown .
I love them

1 Like

I love Terry Pratchett’s books :slight_smile:
I’ve read most of the Disc World books :+1:

2 Likes

The Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbrieth (aka JK Rowling), brilliant if you like detective novels, as I do.
I’ve also read the Harry Potter series with my grandson. That was several years ago - we then watched the films and identified the parts that were excluded from the books.

1 Like

Jean M Auel.
The clan of cave bear.
The plains of passage.
The shelters of stone.
The mammoth hunters.
The land of tainted caves.
I could not put them down,a fabulous read.

2 Likes

Recently finished all the John Shakespeare books by Rory Clements. The unlikely premise is that Will had a brother who was an investigator for Walsingham then Cecil is a bit far fetched, I’ll concede. However Clements knowledge of Elizabethan Britain is very good and he vividly describes the country, London and the characters of that time. Not really pleasant times and some truly nasty individuals (e.g. Topcliffe - who was real person and a torturer for the queen). Books are:
Martyr
Revenger
Prince
Traitor
The Heretic
The Queens Man
Holy Spy

2 Likes

I listen to a lot of cozy mystery audiobooks. Most of them are written in series.

I’ve listened to most of Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swenson mysteries.

Also Diane Mott Davidson’s catering mystery series.

Not a mystery but The Mitford series by Jan Karon.

Also not a mystery series but the Harmony series by Philip Gully. Harmony is a place and the series is very funny.

The last book series I listened to was a cozy mystery by Racquel Reyes called the Caribbean Kitchen Mystery series. I’ve listened to Mango, Mambo, and Murder and Calypso, Corpses, and Cooking. Still ahead for me to listen to is the last in that series is titled Barbacoa, Bomba, and Betrayal.

I’m actually listening to several series at the moment.

1 Like

I did read The Poldark series of books although I much preferred the early volumes. The later ones seemed to run out of steam and get rather tedious in my opinion.

Years ago as I teenager I enthusiastically read the entire series of Sven Hassel’s book, probably a bit of ladish thing.

635d108ff5e919940a30720a9e5c6bd5--copy-2706675779

1 Like

I must read this series I think - I do enjoy novels set in the Tudor period. I really enjoyed the Shardlake series by CJ Samson - again in the Tudor period with occasional real people included.

1 Like

Anyone read the Reacher series of books? I think it is by Lee Child (but that might be wrong) - I vaguely remember reading somewhere that he is actually an English author.

Are they any good?

I was recently in an Op shop and bought a couple of Harlan Coben books so now I have three to read (actually the shop also had Fool Me Once but I have seen the TV series so I left that one)

1 Like

I couldn’t get into that series at all. Did read the first two & some of the next but then lost interest.
My favourites are the Witch books. I have read & own all his other books when he wrote on his own.
Sad lose to the World was TP.

2 Likes

Tiffany :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also liked Equal Rites’
It was the first Terry Pratchett book I read all those years ago.

3 Likes

Read them all . If you read them start with the first one it explains a lot . They could however be individually read as they are all separate stories .

1 Like

The Eddie Flynn books by Steve Cavanagh are really good . I am currently rereading them all

1 Like

Bartimaeus sequence by Johnathan Stroud

The Jane Harper books about Aaron Falk are a series though she has said that Exiles is the last one. They were a very enjoyable trilogy

The Dry
Force of Nature
Exiles

Beautiful books, her wonderful descriptions bring the scenes to life.

She has written two other standalone books The Lost Man and The Survivors - both are also hard to put down.

I think the last time I read a book series it was fifty shades of grey! I used to also like Vampire fiction in those days, Vampire diaries, the Twilight saga, Trueblood. Actually I think I read the Wool trilogy in 2013 (sci fi/dystopian). It’s disappointing they didn’t make a movie series on that. Nothing intellectual, but all great trash fiction.