What was the first single or LP you bought!

another artist whose music was great. times that will never come back .

Another was Sandy Nelson and teen beat he managed to keep the rythm going even through drum changes.Very few managed it as well as he did. even after he lost a leg in a motoring accident

2 Likes

About 1960, I think, my big brother had an EP with Rave On, Peggy Sue and I think two others. :023:

2 Likes

Ride a White Swan - T Rex

4 Likes

those who never lived in that era have no idea of the impact it had on the music scene. Some radio disc jockies refused to play it and parts of the USA banned it. no matter the artist it was always the beat that won through every time

buddy holly some of his hits n cluding “not fade awsay” with the BO D beat

4 Likes

My first LP was Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd.

3 Likes

My first LP was the Grease double album, when I was in the first year of secondary school, I asked my parents to buy it for me after my dad had taken me to the cinema to see the film.

2 Likes

I knew this guy , he was my friends cousin

1 Like

I knew micky finn well….great song !

1 Like

Welcome nicky

Brilliant LP graham

1 Like

Hello Nicky :grinning:

My first record I bought was Apache by The Shadows and I didn’t have a record player.It was so good.

2 Likes

I was 12 and we had to give up our weekly comics to pay for the record player…was worth it for sure.

3 Likes

not dated even today…

Get It On…wow

3 Likes

cancelled

The first single I bought was Cliff Richard’s “A Girl Like You”. I can’t remember the first LP but it might have been “GI Blues”.

Prior to that I used to ask my old man for a record and he would buy the Embassy cover from Woolworths. It used to make me so cross but he insisted it sounded exactly the same, tight bastard.

2 Likes

Single-Never Ending Song of Love The New Seekers

Album-Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep Middle of the Road.

1 Like

I think I still have their first LP when they were still called Tyrannosaurus Rex. John Peel was a big fan of theirs.

1 Like

How Can I Be Sure by David Cassidy when I was a kid.
This came to light during a train trip home from Peterborough after an away game with some fellow footie fans. I had the mick taken out of me, drink had been taken, these footie fans! :wink:

3 Likes

Oh bla de oh bla da , la la life goes on ….marmalade

1 Like

As far as my first LP is concerned I have no doubt it would have been one of the Pickwick Top of The Pops jobs. I have no idea which one but there were plenty available in Woolworths at pocket money prices.

R-2784351-1460644649-8121.jpeg-4133292525

I bought a cheapo LP frame and put one on the wall as a bit of 70s nostalgia :+1:

1 Like