What was the first single or LP you bought!

Mine was “ my Sweet Lord “ George Harrison 1970

3 Likes

Leapy Lee, Little Arrows, 1968

1 Like

Slim Whitman`s Darling Happy Anniversary single for my parents Anniversary.
My mom filled up.

That’s a great one. I too was raised on the Beatles so mine was Let it be! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was a Duane Eddy fan.must be the best guitarist of that era.had most of his music. Famous for his twangy guitar

era of teddy boys drape jackets and teddy girls full skirts

1 Like

My first ever LP was Violator by Depeche Mode. I saved all my earnings from my holiday job. I was a cashier at a big retail fashion chainstore. I was such a happy bunny when I walked out the record store.

Kids nowadays don’t know what’s it feels like to browse through LP’s and Cassettes looking at the covers etc. So many blissful memories. :023:

1 Like

also Bo Diddley and the BDo diddly beat as it got to bedknown copied by so many others later on

1 Like

After WW2 the music scene changed dramastically, from the big band era to the start of “proper” rock and roll music… Check out rock and rooll in the 1950 to 1960s. by 1970 true rock and roll was being watered down by the new groups being formed, pure rock and roll died

Bill Haley and the comets

1 Like

@Cosmos6 My 1st LP was from Buddy Holly and it was his influence with his Rave On that gave me the nudge to play and sing myself. I was also heavily into rock-n-roll jiving with a string of lumpy jumpers eager to dance with this 6’ 6" giant.
I ended up married to my lead singer after she proposed on stage :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

The Monkees!

1 Like

another artist whose music was great. times that will never come back .

Another was Sandy Nelson and teen beat he managed to keep the rythm going even through drum changes.Very few managed it as well as he did. even after he lost a leg in a motoring accident

2 Likes

About 1960, I think, my big brother had an EP with Rave On, Peggy Sue and I think two others. :023:

2 Likes

Ride a White Swan - T Rex

4 Likes

those who never lived in that era have no idea of the impact it had on the music scene. Some radio disc jockies refused to play it and parts of the USA banned it. no matter the artist it was always the beat that won through every time

buddy holly some of his hits n cluding “not fade awsay” with the BO D beat

4 Likes

My first LP was Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd.

3 Likes

My first LP was the Grease double album, when I was in the first year of secondary school, I asked my parents to buy it for me after my dad had taken me to the cinema to see the film.

2 Likes

I knew this guy , he was my friends cousin

1 Like

I knew micky finn well….great song !

1 Like

Welcome nicky

Brilliant LP graham

1 Like