What was the best year of your life - age or year?

When I was 35 years old, my life was at a standstill. Things weren’t going well. Within a few months, things turned around. I went from being down to having the time of my life. Things can change fast for the good sometimes.

What was the best year of your life?

2 Likes

Looking back when I was 12 years old. I only realised it years later. Often wish I could revisit that time. My profile photo though is two years earlier when I was 10 winning the 440 yard at the city athletic ground. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure knowing makes it better. When I was living my 35th year, I remember crying because I knew that there wasn’t going to be a year like that again. Too many magical things happened that probably couldn’t happen again. I did appreciate it then, but knowing that it was great didn’t make it not sad too.

2 Likes

It’s weird because my best times were when my boys were small and my mum and dad alive and hearty and living nearby and my brother in his prime and visiting often, I loved being a mum to littlies

So, maybe 1990, when I was 33 and we took them on holiday to Cornwall for the first time, mum and dad too and my brother popped down to see us too

I say it’s weird because that was not long after my divorce, I was on my own with them, in a council flat, totally broke with no financial support from my ex, mum and dad paid for that caravan holiday

But I was free of a violent relationship, in control of my own life and looking forward to the future again and surrounded by people I loved and doing something I was good at, being their mum!

3 Likes

Not weird at all. Freedom can be enthralling.

My best year was also coming out of a bad relationship and having very little money.

3 Likes

I couldn’t really nail it down to a precise age or year. Life tends to go in cycles, I suppose I’ve lived a sheltered life because nothing really bad has happened, and you need some bad stuff to appreciate the good stuff…It’s all been a bit of a lark!
:disguised_face:

4 Likes

At the age of 54, I was cycling down an off-road hill on a really nice day in lovely countryside. It felt great. I’m not religious but I can remember thanking the Lord that I was healthy enough to be full of the joys of life. Nobody thought I’d ever be healthy again …or even still around after some years of heath problems. Yet there I was, thoroughly healed up and sailing down this hill. I could hardly believe it myself. That was a good year.

5 Likes

You really beat the odds. Glad to see you’re still around at the age that you are, ready to celebrate another milestone of beating the odds.

1 Like

The best year in my life was 2010,when i started divorce proceedings in April and was totally divorced in the November of the same year :yum:

4 Likes

Like others have said, I can’t narrow it down to one particular year but my window of time was a whole decade, the 90s (aged 33-45), which I enjoyed tremendously. The low point was in the 70s/80s (aged 18-late 20s) and after 2k it gradually became clear that my best time was over.

1 Like

Lucky! A decade of high point. That must have been nice.

Basically yes but it did include the usual ups and downs.

1 Like

It’s difficult for me to choose a year because in the duration of a year, good and bad things can happen. I prefer to reflect on the best moments of my life.

In general though, my childhood years were the best times of my life because my dad was still alive.

4 Likes

2006, Started a new life,new people,new weather,new country and they drive on the same side of the road.

4 Likes