What Type Of Dog/ Cat Food do they prefer

Has your dog/ cat been a fussy eater?

Or, as they have gotten older, are they becoming more fussy on what they eat?

My Jack was never a fussy eater, he would eat anything, …I bought Tesco own brand of dog food last week, would he eat it, he would not,:rofl:…sorry Tesco.

There were 9 unopened cans left, so I put them outside the front gate, with a note attached saying, free please take…they soon went, I just hope their dog appreciates Tesco own brand of dog food.

I then went to Wilco and bought these,…He woofed the small tin down in seconds…:sweat_smile:!

2 Likes

Well Coco our Cat, has lived on Tin Tuna fish in spring water most of her life, she now has the odd Sheba in gravy and her Tuna, and Fish Biscuits.

3 Likes

Jake he’s 8yrs now , isn’t a fussy eater .
He has Lilys kitchen.
3wks ago it cost £2.70 a tin now £3.20 . It was on offer at Ocado I bought a lot .

1 Like

My friend feeds her dog ,Lily’s ,Ripple, she’s become accustomed to the best,:rofl:

Would Love to see some pics of everyone’s beloved pets!.:heartpulse:

1 Like

My Rosie, a Jack Spaniel? puppy has never been a big eater of anything other than fresh home cooked chicken. We have tried a number of different brands but no luck. Nothing to do with the heat. She is 11months old now and has been the same since we had her 9months ago.

1 Like

My dog likes wet food in pouches, and isn’t fussed about which brand, although I do try and give her Wainwrights when I can, but mostly it’s Morrisons Natural, which comes in foil packs.

1 Like

I am currently trying my cats on Katkin and they love it. It is gently steamed meat & nothing else , comes in packs f a one day, per cat & they send a fortnights supply…along with a small jar of dry chicken sprinkles.
You keep it in the freezer and just get I pack, per cat , out of the freezer each day. They start you with Chicken but you can choose 3 other flavours .
If my cats continue to enjoy it I will allow them to keep sending the packs per fortnight. They tell you when it will be delivered & it arrives in a chilled container ready to go in the freezer.

2 Likes

My dogs a fuss pot .
I bought a whole load of healthy food for him he hates it .
Worse it comes frozen in pouches so can’t leave it on the doorstep .
Meanwhile I have been cooking him liver ( which he likes ) these last two days

1 Like

The cheap foods are usually cheap for a reason. They are rubbish, cheap ingredients.
Very little proper muscle meat, just ‘Meat Derivatives’ and chemicals. Read the labels and know what’s in it. Some cheap ones are only 4% meat, so what is the other 96%!
It’s like us living on junk food all our lives.

Some producers even colour their foods with dyes to make them look appealing to the humans buying it, but would YOU eat food with colours and dyes in it, cos I know I wouldn’t.
Unfortunately the dogs are at our mercy though.

This is a very good website that I still refer to if I want to change foods for any reason.
It shows the contents of both Wet Foods and Dry and explains about the contents.

1 Like

Jack as a puppy was brought up on science plan, then when Rosie came along, who was fed on bakers by the breeder, we then changed to bakers, he’s still on the complete dry food, I just like him having some wet meat as well, plus the vet recommend he had a small tin of wet food, so I give him half in the morning half in the evening, he’s coming up 15, the vet said he’s never seen such a fit and healthy dog…

Jack is very much like me, loves his exercise,:joy:…unfortunately he’s going deaf and blind, he can’t focus on the ball when I throw it, he still loves his walks though through the loop / wooded area,where we live.

1 Like

I change my dogs food I would not like to live on muesli everyday either . I always get the kibble with the most protein content and no grain additives. I also give him raw meat once or twice a week but I cook liver for him as he doesn’t like the texture raw ( nor do I ) He also gets a couple of raw bones every now and again .
He would prefer to eat pizza and chips I think he’s turning into Mr M.

1 Like

I only feed dry food . Currently on life stage grain free . I gave up on tinned / wet food years ago after a particularly bad spell of stomach upset with my then Dobermann…
generally my dogs are healthy and fit on the stuff

2 Likes

What a beautiful well groomed poodle, is he / she a standard?

I used to have a miniature poodle many years ago,:heartpulse:

I have had two Dobermans and one did have stomach upsets at times I wonder if they are more susceptible to tummy trouble .

1 Like

Yes he’s a standard we used to breed miniatures

1 Like

Katkins sounds very similar to Butternut box for dogs .
My dog loved it . The quality was fantastic.
The only problem was it was a monthly supply, was delivered frozen to your door which was great , however it took up too much room in my freezer.

Dogs eat more than cats so I expect the packs would be larger. I currently have 2 weeks supply in my freezer, and it is no bigger than a large sliced loaf.

I’d certainly go back to Butternut Box if there there was a 2 wk option.
I believe my dog he’s 8 kilos and active was on a 200 g pack.

Max gets Hill’s Prescription Kidney Care. It’s not cheap but you do what’s right for your pet.

1 Like

Butternut is the healthy food I mentioned earlier . Mungo has proved me wrong by eating it today !
I have cancelled my order but as you say it comes in a months supply and takes up all the room in the freezer .They can do two week delivery but it is more expensive .