What time do you normally wake up / go to bed?

Just curious :101:

:015:

1 Like

I used to go to bed early, but lately I’ve been sleeping during the day, so I didn’t go to bed until gone 1am this morning,

I woke up at 6am, I’m just about to take Jack out ,my dog for His morning toilet.:smiley:

1 Like

I never go to bed the same day I get up!! :grin:

Seriously - bed about half past mid-night, and up again about 5:30am.

I need very little sleep - have been known to not bother going to bed at all if I am doing something interesting.

2 Likes

Up at 4am to walk the dog.
She doesn’t like the heat so I decided on this cunning plan to beat the high summer temps, little thinking she would want to do it in the winter as well.Usually in bed by 10pm but I think I have an afternoon nap.I’m not sure ,time goes so fast these days.

2 Likes

Any time, day or night are my ‘normal’ sleeping / waking hours. Thanks to working far too many ‘silly hours’, like permanent night shifts for decades, my circadian rhythm is no longer. I’ve tried all ways to combat this, nothing works, so I just tend to do what my body tells me – when tired / exhausted just sleep for whatever hours required and the opposite when not tired. There’s only me to please so not really a problem!
:015: :icon_wink: :icon_surprised:

3 Likes

Baz, I used to work all nighters, my body clock has never been the same since doing so…I went to bed gone 1 am today.

Only when I did home care, did I go to bed at 8 pm usually, was up at 4am out the door by 5.30 am.

1 Like

Turn in at 10.54pm, Wake up at 4.26am but there may be subsequent dozes, :biking_man:

2 Likes

We’re both up at 6:40 as I leave for work at 7:30 we go to bed around 10:30, even at the weekend

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder which is best, working all different shifts or permanent hours? It seems the worst ones are rotating shifts from what I’ve read. However, nothing beats nature, we are ‘programmed’ to wake as it gets light and sleep when it’s dark. Our eyes take in this information which activates chemicals in the brain. My working life has for the majority of it never been like that so I just ‘deal’ with it in whichever way works for me.

Often I see our ‘work ethic’ as being part of this problem. Personally I reckon if we were to ‘work to live’ rather than ‘live to work’ our lives would be better in so many ways. Having said that though, there are many jobs requiring working the hours we do, as a result we often do not treat ourselves very kindly.
:icon_rolleyes: :015: :icon_smile:

2 Likes

Head down at 10.30pm Head up at 5.30am. Dog walking done by 7.30am and usually out by 8.30am. Any burglars reading this?

2 Likes

@Baz46
The working pattern and hours were not the only contributor to physical/mental well being Baz, having done many double shifts, it was amazing observing folks exchanging newspapers, to fill the time. :innocent: :biking_man:

2 Likes

Some folks have a lot to thank the T&GWU for. :innocent: :biking_man:

1 Like

@spitfire Yes, and possibly reading that which my work had contributed to those newspapers.
I wonder what they would have been doing had it not been for having newspapers to read?
Perhaps reading a magazine or a book, again probably something towards which I may have contributed.

At least it feels now that I did something useful to others in my working life! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m usually up at 07h00 weekdays. Start work (WFH) at 08h00.
I sleep at around midnight most weekdays.

In spring/summer I’ll be up at 06h00 for a morning swim and I’ll be in bed by 23h00.

1 Like

Bed Late… Up Early…Use to take a Siesta a few years back, but that is a rare event these days…

2 Likes

Those times are very precise, Spitty.

1 Like

@Baz46
Well thanks a lot for contributing to my workload :man_factory_worker:, but same folks muse the question “Why don’t we produce anything anymore” :innocent: :biking_man:

1 Like

@Harbal
things have to be Ledgerble, Generally.

1 Like

That’s easy.

All things being equal I get up between 7 and 7.30am every morning because that gives me plenty of time to have a shower and dress so that I can listen to AM on the radio at 8am. Doesn’t apply to Sunday, I still get up at the same time but the radio stays silent because there is that moron Ian McNamara on the radio and I can’t stand him.

As for going to bed - it will be anytime between 10.30pm and 12.30am depending on who phones me or who I phone overseas and how long we talk for.

1 Like

@spitfire :023: That’s OK, don’t even mention it, just pleased to help keep you gainfully employed! :grinning:

I feel sure there are many things we could produce but the economics of it means those industries doing just that are no longer. Often we cannot compete on cost so production of these products goes to the cheapest producer, often overseas. The profit motive (also known as ‘greed’) I reckon is more than responsible for this but that is something that can never be stopped so what the answer to this is I have no idea. :thinking: :confused: :frowning_face:

1 Like