What television show were you not allowed to watch as a teenager?

1 Like

I remember how my Dad cheered up when Pans People came on.

2 Likes

We didnā€™t even have electricity in South Yorkshire till 1968ā€¦
I was eighteen then and on a five year mission to sup as much beer as I couldā€¦The mission failed after just four years when I met Mrs Foxā€¦
Interesting to note thoughā€¦Coronation Street was a soap about the lives of folks in a northern town - Weatherfieldā€¦
These days itā€™s woke, and more about teaching us how we should be acting, itā€™s the other way round now - It shows us what normal should be like according to ITVā€¦

does anyone remember Mary Whitehouse?
If she knew todays carry ons , and LBG she would be going mentalā€¦

2 Likes

I remember that she wasnā€™t impressed by Chuck Berryā€™s ding-a-ling.

2 Likes

At a slight tangent, as a teenager as Black & White TV was barely beginning. We rode our bicycles maybe 5 or 6 kilometres to stand outside at night to watch a TV in a tiny shop window where the owner had hung a small audio speaker outside above the window. It was great with our little group all standing ( no seats ) We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The simple pleasures of an era long gone. :slightly_smiling_face:

ā€¦

1 Like

We didnā€™t have a television as a teenager.

1 Like

Dragnet

Would ā€˜Black & Whiteā€™ television be banned now for being racist? The ā€˜Black & White Minstrelsā€™ were, and those funny little enamel badges that ā€˜Robertsonā€™sā€™ gave away with tokens from ten jars of jamā€¦

I didnā€™t watch TV as a teenager. We didnā€™t have a TV until I was in my mid teens and by then I had far more interesting things to do (often involving girls).

My old man refused to have a TV in the house for most of my childhood when he finally relented it was a rented TV. Supposedly a portable but the only thing portable about it was the handle on the top - being packed with valves it weighed a ton.

4 Likes

Not sure when we got a TV, maybe 1970?
I remember being able to see it from the dinner table at the end of the hallway.

I donā€™t think so.
Modern SLR cameras can take monochromatic photos.

1 Like

I was just being mischievous Bretrickā€¦
:nerd_face: