What tea do you drink

I do drink Yorkshire Tea but don’t let it brew too long. I usually drink Twinings fruit tea first thing in the morning to hydrate after a nights sleep. My first mug of tea comes after a bowl of porridge and sometimes accompanied by some dunking biscuits…
:yum:

OGF I’ve never got on with fruit teas , do they actually do anything for you ?
I’m thinking of making proper porridge this coming winter ,which brand of oats do you use ?

1 Like

The fruit tea is more for the hydration without the caffeine as with tea or coffee Zuleika.
My porridge is ‘Scotts Porridge Oats’ 2 oz with 300 ml of semi skimmed milk. Full fat milk is best but not good for the figure…I add a squirt of honey and a sprinkle of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Don’t forget a teaspoon of Turmeric while stirring on the hob…
I have that practically every day…Summer and Winter…I’m a bit of a creature of habit…

I will try OGF but don’t fancy washing pans used for porridge making these days .

1 Like

What! don’t you have a microwave?

Cup of water, half a cup of Quick Oats in your bowl.

Microwave for about 2 minutes - just watch it the first time until it comes up like a volcano for the timing. Stir, add butter, milk and eat. (Sugar if you want)

Perfect porridge and just a bowl to wash up. My breakfast this morning.

1 Like

I didn’t know about the volcano Bruce…very sticky mess all over the microwave! I use a pan on the hob, but now i know the trick I might revert. Thanks

Forget the microwave, use a pan and do it properly for heaven’s sake! :wink:

Decent oats diligently attended to on the hob perhaps with a little cinnamon, served with some mixed dried fruit, almond flakes and runny honey.
Or fresh/frozen fruit, blueberries, blackberries, sliced banana etc… make it yer own :+1:

1 Like

What is the difference between Quick Oats and Rolled Oats? Absolutely nothing except the grind is finer.

The difference between heating water in a microwave and on a hob? Absolutely nothing except the amount of washing up it produces.

Precisely, the quick/finer grade oats have a more sludgy consistency than the whole rolled oats, and a carefully attended pan produces far superior results than a microwave anyday. It’s something to enjoy and indulge in, anyway what’s the big deal with washing up a pan and a wooden spoon it’s hardly backbreaking work :wink:

1 Like

Not everybody wants to carefully attend their hob, some just want breakfast.

Well I quite enjoy attending to my hob …each to their own :wink::+1:

1 Like

Re tea, Mrs d00d makes two mugs from one Tetley’s bag … no sugar, tiniest splash of semi-skimmed.

Bravo Chilli…
:clap:
Cooking and eating should be a pleasant ritual and not rushed.
Microwaves are the spawn of the devil…

1 Like

Don’t you worry, I diligently attend my microwave but it’s the eating that’s important not the cooking or the washing up.

There’s nothing like the aroma of certain foods tantalising the taste buds while being slowly heated and agitated with the appropriate utensil helping to create the appetite and mood for consumption…
You wouldn’t indulge in intercourse without the obligatory foreplay would you?
:blush:
Australian foreplay = “You awake Sheila!”
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Does she leave the bag in the mug and then top it up?That’s why I do and my BH thinks it’s disgusting. :grinning:

I’ve posted this before.My BH has a customer who has cows.Sometimes the calves have to be fed with a mix.And they always refuse it if it’s been warmed up in a microwave.

1 Like

I think you are getting far too carried away, we are talking about porridge, oats boiled in water, not some juicy medium rare roo steak cooked perfectly on my BBQ. The aroma of porridge??

1 Like

They’re obviously not domesticated cows.

drank it all my life until went to HK then introduced to sipping milkless tea which was unusual at first but ya get used to anything then onto Oz and became a coffee maniac - been one ever since and prefer the top quality stuff that doesn’t come in jars!! - No milk but a few sweetners for my rotten teeth!!