What streaming devices do you use

Eg…netflix, amazon or britbox
I personally prefer Britbox to any of them

4 Likes

Netflix and Prime
Isn’t Britbox primarily old repeats?

1 Like

Netflix and Alexa (is that streaming also?)

1 Like

What streaming devices do I use? I was so tempted to say…Only my Willy…but I don’t want to get banned just yet. :wink:

2 Likes

Tut tut EZ, no toilet humour in here thanks! :018:

2 Likes

yes it is EZ, but there’s a lot of new stuff on there too :+1:

1 Like

My main issue is that I know no other sort of humour. :thinking:

1 Like

Prime, not sure it deserves that title, there’s lots of films on there that you can pay for, they’ve been on the free channels, what’s that all about ?

1 Like

You mean paying for films that you can/have seen already on regular TV? Yep, totally agree with that unfairness. Even having to pay for movies that are years old gets on my nerves! There’s also a movie I want to see called “A Quiet Place 2” and it costs £15.99 to buy - you can’t even rent it yet.

2 Likes

I use the Amazon Fire Stick as a streaming device but don’t use any streaming services I’d have to pay for. Not worth it.

2 Likes

We use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ although I’ve just cancelled that because there’s not much on there for us.
I also have lots of content which I’ve gathered over years stored on networked hard discs, and which can be played on on our connected devices. Full series, films, and music as well as photographs.

For devices we have two smart TV’s one of which is Zaphod Junior’s plus each of us has a laptop & a phone which is capable, as well as a few shared tablets and most of these get used at some time or other.
The most popular are the TV’s and Mrs Zaphod’s laptop.

1 Like

Wishbone Prime Amazon is streamed so is Netflix, YouTube …i don’t have a tv license, so can only stream.

Netflix and Amazon Prime. Also Spotify for music streaming.

1 Like

Streaming platforms I use are:

Apple TV
Netflix
DSTV
Showmax
YouTube
Spotify (cancelled)
Amazon Prime (cancelled)
Mixcloud

1 Like

Spotify is something my daughter recommended to me. I tried to sign up and they wanted payment details up front. Is this something you can cancel after the free trial? I’m not sure I’d use it all that much for the price, to be honest.

1 Like

Yes you can, sign up start using and the same day cancel, you’ll get it for a month.

2 Likes

Yes you can cancel after the Free trail. I tried it but I felt YouTube music is good enough so I just canceled mine but I still pay my son’s subscription. He wanted both

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! That’s all I needed to know :+1:

1 Like

I mainly use Amazon music which is very cheap for Prime members, but I have signed up to Spotify’s free version because it has a much broader choice of classical music.

At first they only allowed paying customers to link their account to Amazon Echo, but then they changed this and the free account can be linked, so I tried it. Er, don’t bother! It’s so full of irritating adverts! So I just listen to it on my iMac instead. Not as convenient, but I can’t be doing with the ads.

2 Likes

So you still get ads even though you pay for it? Oooh no, I don’t want that!

1 Like