What’s your favourite type of cake and why?

My favourite type of cake is fluffy chocolate with white chocolate icing between the layers and fudge chocolate icing on top with a few dipped strawberries and a few dabs of whipped cream.

Why? Cause it’s good.

1 Like

Hi. :039:

Good morning Bratti

Mine is Battenburg because I love marzipan :slight_smile:

Sticky date cake. Can’t be beat.

I like Carrot Cake and Caramel Mud cake but the former is by far my favourite, so moist and delicious. I am also fond of Banana Bread, it is the only good way of eating bananas that have started to get brown flecks on them. I usually make it then freeze it so it lasts me a very long time.

Much as I like chocolate I cannot bear to eat chocolate flavoured anything be it Chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream etc they are all YUCK to me.

Christmas Cake - my ‘five a day’ all in one delicious slice! With homemade almond marzipan and proper, crunchy, Royal icing - not that sickly sugar paste stuff.

Coffee and walnut, simply for the taste.
Carrot cake (provided no dried fruit added), with frosting.
Chocolate.
London cheesecake. (Layers of puff pastry with a slight jam filling, and a coconut and icing topping.)
Tottenham cake. (Light
sponge with a pink icing.)

Red velvet cake. Its delicious!

Whichever cake happens to be on the plate in front of me! :smiley:

My kinda guy! :lol:

Oh I am SO with you on this. I’ve never come across anyone with this weird preference. Love chocolate, but hate chocolate cake/pudding/biscuits/ice cream.

My favourite cake is a coffee and walnut sandwich cake. It has to be rich and moist, with coffee buttercream in the middle and coffee icing on top, liberally sprinkled with walnuts.

Mind you, having recently visited a newly opened cake shop in my local high street, this favourite is in danger of being superseded. Probably by almost every single variety they sell (except for the chocolate ones ;-)). My word, they are to die for, as the saying goes :049:

Chocolate eclair.

Another here for Coffee cake though I do like a tiny slice of the ‘Rich chocolate almond cake’ that contains ground almonds instead of flour that I make for my lovely daughter in law when we go on holiday…

I use Marcus Wareing’s recipe…

Any cake, providing it hasn’t got marzipan on it.

A nice moist coconut cake. Failing that, a cherry Madeira cake.

I prefer a plain currant bun to sweet cakes. :slight_smile:

My favorite cake is a white layer cake, with white frosting sprinkled with moist fresh coconut over both layers. It should be at least 6 inches high and shyly calling my name… :slight_smile:

A rich fruit cake with a glass or 2 of single malt added to the mix. Nom, nom, nom.

Pavlova because I love meringue

Hi

Anything with Marzipan, nothing with Chocolate or Coconut.