What’s the one inaccuracy in the movies that drives you insane

Burning food in an oven, but the oven is never switched off. Similarly an actor walking away from a plugged in iron.

1 Like

Man shaking a car to look like it’s being driven over potholes.

1 Like

Cops at a crime scene picking things up whilst holding a rubber glove instead of wearing it.

A silencer on a revolver. They don’t work because there is a gap between the cylinder and the barrel.

Pilots with their masks a dangling instead of being worn.

1 Like

Hi

Fights, especially the ones with a professional involved.

You cannot be hit that hard and get up again.

Cars exploded after a single hand gun shot.

2 Likes

fist fights with loud cracking noise every time a punch connects.

1 Like

it annoys me when a women wakes up after sleeping with perfect hair and makeup, Not a smudge not a hair out of place looking like she’s had a spa facial and shampoo and blow dry.

2 Likes

Guns which have seemingly endless rounds, more than what is possible for the gun can hold in a chamber/magazine.

Someone being shot by a pistol which lifts them off their feet and throws them against a wall ten feet away - sometimes smashing plaster/woodwork - and all without a drop of blood in sight.

1 Like

Hi

There are some new hand guns which have a huge capacity, as many as 19 or 21 rounds.

They are on open sale in the USA and some other countries.

There have also been changes in ammunition technology, making some bullets much more dangerous.

We have also had developments in military grade shotguns and cartridges.

One of these will smash a diesel engine in a truck.

If you are so inclined you can quite legally go to France and go on a training course in how to use the pistols.

If you go on holiday to SE Asia, there are countries where as a Tourist you can pay per round to fire anything from a handgun to an RPG.

1 Like

wow swimmy lots of info there…
it annoys me whehn they point a revolver with their finger nowhere near the trigger and all chambers obviously empty, then i give myself a shake, they are only acting, and trying to be entertaining Crabby, it sixty years since i held a proper firearm, thank goodness.

1 Like

Horizontal rain from a hose pipe.

1 Like

But none of these are what is depicted in films. How many westerns have you seen when a guy gets shot and is lifted off the floor and thrown against a back wall?

A high velocity round can knock someone down and backwards but would ultimately pass through a body, having insufficient mass to lift a person up. A .22 revolver such as a Colt has six rounds, not nine or ten because of sloppy film continuity.

1 Like

Hi

Revolvers have also advanced, no longer six shot, there are 8 shot snub nose, only 2 inch barrel ,357 magnum concealed carry guns.

Only close range, but you do not want to get hit by one of these with the correct ammo.

1 Like

This usually occurs in horror films when someone has hanged themself, after the event there’s still plenty of noisy, woody creaking to be heard.

It’s not a complaint on my part, it’s all make believe of course :slightly_smiling_face:

It just sounds like a scene from Mutiny on the Bounty.

2 Likes

I know Graham but the westerns were colt.45
and they didnt have high velocity ammo…

1 Like

It doesn’t drive me insane but I think it’s quite unrealistic and a bad message to younger folks and drivers of all ages if two people are having a conversation while driving with the driver looking the co-driver in the eyes way too long instead of keeping the eyes on the road just because the dramaturgy forces them to finish a point they are making.

4 Likes

Cops shouting to a suspect from 50 metres away resulting in a contrived foot race instead of walking up to the suspects and cuffing them.

2 Likes

lol yes Fruitcake, it winds me up too… ‘stop police’ 'oh no there running away
then the car chase weaveing in and out the traffic, the the bad guys lean out the car window and fire ten shots at the cop car ten yards behind them and miss with all of them…riviting

3 Likes

Hi

The criminals are usually younger and faster than the officers chasing them, at least here in the UK.

They are not Olympic athletes.

The car chases.

Here in the UK the Police pursuit drivers are highly trained.

You can always tell an unmarked pursuit or observation firearms car.

They are automatics, unlike in the movies you cannot maintain control of a car whilst firing a gun unless it is an automatic.

1 Like

Man kicking the bucket. There just happens to be a bucket next to his foot. Never in real life.

1 Like

luckily i can tell the difference between movies and real life… i mean can you even imagine trying to run wi all that gear on…
but their level of fittness should be higher, theres far too many big fat coppers, they should be better paid and have a fitness course to complete once a year…
lol yes i know we would have even less coppers then… but they spend hours filling out reports, they should give an audio report that could be typed out by a clerk leaving the cops more time on the beat…

2 Likes