What’s the one inaccuracy in the movies that drives you insane

It gets me when an actor drinks from a cup and you know the cups empty :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

When watching Harry Potter and an actor is eating an apple with a sticker on it.

1 Like

When the actor is supposed to be eating but you can tell they’re not. That happens a lot in Elementary. They should fake it better.

When people are fake driving and it’s obvious that the scenery doesn’t match and the turning doesn’t match.

This is not an inaccuracy but sort of, I guess. I see so many great shows on Netflix but they’re dubbed. When the mouth doesn’t match the words, it throws me off. I haven’t watched a dubbed show yet although they look really good.

2 Likes

What really get to me is when a film is referred to as a movie🤬

3 Likes

For me, it’s not just ONE inaccuracy - it’s ANY inaccuracy … :091:

1 Like

Sorry :flushed:

1 Like

Since the origins of “film” go back over 400 years (well before any sort of photography) and the word “movie” is very much a 20th century term referring to a series of moving pictures, the latter is, strictly speaking, the more accurate when referring to a cinematic presentation.

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice … :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Word usage varies by country. I almost never hear the word film. People in other countries might hear the word film more often. I only hear the word movie here.

I’m happy about that since it annoys me when people here pronounce it filem. Other countries obviously vary.

2 Likes

We used to call them the flicks.

3 Likes

When an actor is wearing a wig and it isn’t convincing because you can see the join between the actor’s head and the syrup.
That can absolutely ruin a filem!!!

1 Like

Scary Fillum:

1 Like

@Ripple I agree with the drinks. Cups obviously empty and not hot. Also taking items from oven. They use oven gloves then take it to the table with bare hands!! :joy:

1 Like

Did you work hard on that or did it come naturally? :nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That might have been the first fillum I saw in a theater. Don’t think I ever went in a VW bug after that. Did anyone?!

1 Like

A bit of both :wink:

2 Likes

Wobbly scenery, sky falling in, empty cups, forgotten lines, wigs blowing off, drives me insane.

1 Like

And those guns that never need reloading :joy:

4 Likes

Actors pretending to be from another country, adopting a fake accent. Not quite so bad as it used to be, but why not have the real deal, we can cope with subtitles! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Bits of “fakery” or continuity errors on a film set don’t bother me - I find them a bit amusing sometimes.

The thing that bothers me most and spoils my enjoyment of a film or movie is when the sound track isn’t perfectly synchronised to the actors lip movements when they are speaking.
I find that very distracting and difficult to follow the conversation.

Actors having very strong accents or speaking indistinctly is irritating too - if I have to focus on working out what they are saying or if I have to read subtitles, it detracts from the enjoyment of watching the film and I lose interest in it.

1 Like

Similarly, if the whole plot hinges on the assumption that the protagonist’s accent is not identified as foreign.

1 Like